10: Guild

Alice's POV

We walked to the castle in silence, no one daring to say anything. After walking for about 15 minutes, we finally made it to the gate of the castle. We passed through it and walked through the palace gardens, the main entrance, and the hallways of the castle. We finally made it to the king's office and when we got there, the guard knocked on the door and asked for permission to come in. The king gave a quick reply and we walked through the door. We stood in front of the king and bowed.

"Hello majesty. My name is Alice and this is my partner, Mad Hatter." I said as I raised my head to see the reaction of the King.

"Why hello, it is nice to meet you Alice, Mad Hatter. What brings you here to the palace?" The King said as he grinned at us.

"We are here to either join a guild or create one, your majesty." Mad Hatter said. The King looked surprised and nodded at us, looking like he was in deep thought.

"If I were you, I would create a guild. There are fewer and fewer guilds being made these days so the dark guilds have been getting bigger and bigger, thinking they could overpower the light. We need more power to defeat the dark guilds." The King said as he looked at the both of us, waiting for replies. We thought about it for a good, long minute and nodded at each other, knowing exactly what to do.

"Because of the information you have given us, we would like to create a guild," I said as I smiled at him. His eyes gleamed as I said that.

"What would you like to name your guild then?" The King asked as he was grinning. I thought about it for a while and finally came up with an idea.

"What about Wonderland?" I said as I looked over at Mad Hatter, who was holding up a thumbs up. I smiled and looked over at the King, who was also smiling.

"Then it's settled. The guild Wonderland is an official guild starting today! Now, who's going to be the master?" The King asked.

"I think it should be Alice. She was the one who brought all of us, as in our teammates and I, together." Hatter said as he looked at me and smiled. I smiled back and silently mouthed a thank you. The King looked at us and nodded, taking a new piece of paper from his drawer. He wrote vigorously on the paper and handed the paper to us and smiled.

"These are the official documents for your guild. We will provide your guild hall so do not worry. What would your guild symbol be?" The King asked. I thought about it for a while and a symbol finally came to mind. I used some of my magic to form the symbol in my hand. It was a fancy pocket watch without the strap, with another little clock on the bottom. (The guild symbol is in the Media)

"This is what our guild symbol would be," I said as I looked at Mad Hatter, who just smiled excitedly. The King nodded and asked for one of his servants to make a magical stamp that had the guild symbol on it. The maid nodded and rushed out of the room.

"The stamp would take about 2 days to make and it would be delivered to your guild hall when it is done. Now I can finally say, good luck Wonderland!" The King congratulated as he smiled a big smile. Hatter and I smiled back and bowed. We bowed for a little while and then teleported to our new guild hall.

Once we arrived, we checked out our new place to see how big it was, what town it was in, and where the individual rooms were. Once we finished looking around, we found out that our guild was right by the forest where we stayed for a year. We were more than happy to see our old home when we walked through the forest, our previous things still there. We quickly moved them into the guild where our new home was. We used two spare rooms for our rooms to stay in, and settled in nicely.

Two days later, our guild symbol stamp and a magical ink pad that can turn into any color arrived. We put it on the front desk that was next to the bar in the guild. We set up the job request board and all the tables and chairs so that people would be comfortable. We put flyers up around town for our guild, saying that there was a new guild and people could join. Hatter and I stamped ourselves, mine on my right shoulder in turquoise and Hatter's on his left shoulder in red. All of my spirits got their stamps in gold and silver on different parts of their body.

After we got all of the official business done, Hatter and I just relaxed for a while. We sat down and chatted about all kinds of stuff. We talked about the guild, the past, the present, the future, all kinds of stuff. We talked and talked for a few hours until the sun set. Before we knew it, we were asleep, my head on Hatter's shoulder and his head on my head.

The next day, we just hung around the guild until we got an unexpected knock on the door. We opened it and saw a few guild members of Blue Pegasus, Lamia Scale, Mermaid Heel, and Quattro Quberious (I don't know how to spell their guild name...). Their most prized members and their guild masters came and greeted Hatter, my spirits, and I. They congratulated us on becoming a new guild and came to check out the new guild. They asked us questions about our magic and we told them our original magic, mine being celestial magic, Hatter's being partial Dragon slaying, and the spirit's being their normal magic. We demonstrated our magic and they all started introducing themselves. We kept our true identities a secret and they didn't suspect a thing.