Chapter 9

That night, Faith waited for the Eeveelution spirits to arrive. She knew they would arrive late because this was the day she was going to learn how to evolve into Umbreon and she knew that she would only be able to do that only at night time.

Finally, Darklight appeared in front of her before her very eyes, making her jump three feet in the air.

Darklight laughed and wagged his tail. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's alright" Faith replied.

"Well you ready?" He asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be" Faith smiled at him.

"Well let's go" he said as he took her back to the other Eeveelution spirits to the old Eevee Village.

Darklight halted and faced her. "Well let's begin!"

"Now in order for you to evolve into Umbreon it is similar to Espeon but you have to stand in the moonlight and let the moon guide you to be able to evolve." Darklight explained.

Faith nodded. She closed her eyes and stood in the moonlight. After a few seconds, she began to glow again and she evolved into an Umbreon.

"Nicely done, Faith" Darklight complimented.

"Thanks" Faith replied before she yawned unexpectedly. "But can we get this over with, I'm starting to get a little tired already"

Darklight had a bad feeling about this, knowing that this was his sin; sloth.

Darklight sighed. "You need to focus, Faith."

"Okay, okay. What am I learning how to do first?" Faith asked.

"Let's start with Dark Pulse, since you already know the basic shadow Ball from being an Eevee" he stated. "

"Okay" Faith replied. "But what am I aiming for?"

"How about the tree in front of you" Darklight said.

"Alright" Faith responded.

"In order to use this move you need to think dark thoughts and fire them at your opponent" Darklight explained. "You can also make your opponent flinch but right now I don't think a tree will flinch"

Faith laughed at that remark.

"Well what are we waiting for let's begin. The longer this takes the less sleep you'll get tonight." He said.

Faith nodded in understanding. She closed her eyes and thought about her deepest, darkest thoughts. As she did, multiple black balls of energy began spewing out in front of her and hit the tree, making it explode upon impact. Faith opened her eyes and yawned. "Am I done now?" She said slacking off.

"No Faith you have to focus. Don't let my sin keep you from training" Darklight told her.

"Your sin?" Faith asked.

"Yes, my sin is sloth. It means that you don't care about anything and you just want to be lazy and do nothing. This sin caused my mother to die from being poisoned" Darklight sighed in despair. "I was supposed to get a Pecha Berry to help her but my sloth took the best of me as I slacked off causing the poison to get worse."

Faith looked at Darklight with a sad look. "I-I'm so sorry that happened."

"J-just don't make the same mistake I did, understand?!" Darklight asked her.

"Understood" Faith answered.

"Okay, well you'd better be going. It's getting very late. We're meet again tomorrow" Darklight told her. "Come! We should go now"

Faith transformed back into her Eevee self and followed Darklight back to the village.

Faith looked at Darklight as they walked. "I hope I don't have the same thing happen to me that happened to him. I don't want any of my family or friends to die because of me" Faith thought.

They finally made it back to the village as Darklight left her to rest in her den.

Faith laid down and fell asleep.

Later that night, Faith had a vision.

Everything was dark and faded she couldn't see much through it but she knew it was the future. The only thing she could clearly see was her as her Eevee self with scratches and bruises all over her body and the cries of her family and friends calling out for her. She tried to move but to no avail just now realizing she was in chains. She heard an unknown evil cackle from behind her, she tried to see through the darkness for the owner of the laugh but couldn't see anything.

Faith woke up with a jolt. She looked at her purple body finding out that she was unscathed; no chains, no scratches or bruises. Just her in her den but that wasn't the only thing she figured out. She realized that she somehow evolved into Espeon in her sleep. She looked outside, seeing that it was daylight and the sunlight shined in the den making it brighter inside.

"I hope to Arceus no one saw" she thought to herself as she transformed back into her Eevee self. "Having Clairvoya know is bad enough, I don't want to start an uproar about my new power yet."

________________________
A new update at last! Hope you enjoyed ^^
Thanks for 825 reads as well!