O n e || E m b r a c e m e n t

The rainy city of Paris was currently appearing grimmer than ever, but nothing could prevent Marinette Dupain-Cheng from smiling. She loved the rain.

Although she was out of high school, Marinette couldn't afford to go to college, so she had to work at her parent's bakery. Fortunately for her though, Adrien remained living next to her in his father's mansion.

The blond haired model could afford to go to college if he wanted to, in fact, he really did want to. The only person in his way was his father.

"Son, you're prohibited from going to college." Adrien's father, Gabriel Agreste, said coldly, but firmly.

"Father, why..?" Adrien queried, his heartbroken eyes piercing into his father's.

"My modeling business will crumble into nothing! We could lose this mansion and possibly Natalie too. We may be rich, but you need to keep the industry running." His father explained, walking out of the room and slamming his son's bedroom door shut behind him.

"So my own father is using me for money, huh?" The model muttered to himself, his voice radiating with hatred.

"Seems like it, kid." A small cat-like creature flew out of Adrien's jacket pocket, also known as Plagg.

"I may not get to see M'Lady that often, but once the rain clears up, I'll attempt to meet her again," the boy murmured to himself softly.

—————————

Marinette glanced out her window. "Tikki, is that who I think I see?" She squinted her eyes. "There's no villain, right? I don't hear any commotion."

A small bug-like creature, known as Tikki, flew over to Marinette, shaking her head, reassuring her Miraculous holder successfully.

"I guess there's one way to find out.. Tikki, transform me!" The bluenette whisper-yelled, transforming into Paris' famous heroine— Ladybug.

She leapt off her balcony and directed herself to the Eiffel Tower. There, she met Chat Noir, Paris' notorious male hero; Chat Noir was Ladybug's partner in crime, in which she hasn't seen him since she graduated high school.

"Ooh, kitty. You seemed to have gotten more buff." The spotted heroine teased, booping his nose, making his cheeks flush slightly red.

"T-Thanks, M'Lady. There's no akuma attack by the way.." The cat hesitated to say that to her.

"Oh. So, why did you come out here then?" Ladybug looked at him confusingly. "I'm not complaining that some of my time was wasted because my time will never be wasted with you."

Chat sighed. "..family issues. I don't care to explain at the moment. Regardless of my situation, hopefully you've been doing well for the past few years."

"Well, I have been. I've been helping out with my parent's—" she thankfully stopped herself, realizing the risk of giving possibly too much information away to her partner.

"Well, you know. Business. I can't afford college." Ladybug looked down guiltily. In reply, her partner placed one of his hands on one of her shoulders.

"Don't worry. My father won't let me go to college because I have to help him with his business." Chat gave her a sad smile, the rain clouds returning, but only drizzling came down upon them.

"M'Lady?" He quietly asked.

"Yeah?" Ladybug responded, looking in his direction.

"Meet me here in this exact spot tomorrow evening at exactly nine p.m.— you'll see why."