Chapter 4: Dancing in the hallways

Lance's PoV:
I yawned and stretched, checking the time.
5:30 am......I'm pretty sure no one's up right now......
I would go back to bed, but I didn't feel like sleeping. I got up, still in my boxers.
Do I really have to change? I mean, I don't think anyone's up right now.....
Nah. I don't feel like it.
Still a bit sleepy, I slowly trudged into the training deck, my brain slightly fuzzy. I stood there for a minute, wondering what to do.
......should I train?
I couldn't exactly do that in just my boxers, so.....
There's too many things on my mind. I need to distract myself.
And that's when I begun dancing. I'd always been good at it, and for the longest time, it was a way for me to vent. And I needed that after all that had happened yesterday. I needed to calm myself down.
"You like dancing?! That's not what I'd want from my son!! You disgrace the McClain name!!"
I stopped. Goddamnit. I was thinking about that bastard again. I shouldn't care.....I shouldn't care .....about him.
"Wow Lance!!! You should make this a part-time thing! Mommy' s so proud of you!"
I smiled then. That was what I needed. I started doing backflips, first slow and steady, and then faster with more determination. After that, I looped into a pirouette,concentrating on how many spins I could do.
21....22.....23.....
I was super close to beating my personal record.
24....25......
"Lance?" I know that voice. It was Keith. I turned to face him.
Jesus. He's even beautiful in the mornings. How the heck does he look sexy in a mullet?! Why is it that his purple eyes reminded me of the galaxy? It was so easy to get lost in them. I could just stare at his face forever.
"Umm.....Lance?" His voice interrupted my thoughts. "Why the heck are you dancing at 5:30 in the morning with only your boxers?" I noticed the slight tinge of blush on his cheeks.
It took me a second to process the scene. And then......
Oh shit.
My face turned beetroot red.
"Oh ummmm........" I struggled to come up with an excuse. "Well......it's a training sequence for dancers." My blushing only increased. "Ummmmmmm.......it works for beginners too..."

And then Keith started  stripping.

"KEITH WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!" There's no stopping how embarrassed I felt.
"Well....I mean....." he gave me a weird look. "You did say this worked for beginners......and well......I technically don't know how to dance....." he was blushing almost as much as I was. "so......ummm......."
He was only in his underwear too,the rest of his clothes strewn on the floor of the training deck.
"Lance.....could you teach me....?"

                                   -.-

Keith's PoV:
Damn.....that took a shit-tonne of courage. But Lotor was right.
"Try to rebuild what you had before I came along."
I had to fix what was broken. But I definitely didn't think I'd get a chance so soon. And I didn't expect something like this to happen, but I wasn't complaining. I mean, I got a good look at  Lance's muscles......so......
Stop it Keith. Jesus......
I patiently awaited Lance's answer. He seemed a bit surprised by what I said. Then he burst out laughing. "Really? You don't know how to dance?!"
"......yeah so?"
"I'm sorry." He couldn't stop laughing. I guess he hadn't laughed in a long while. "It's just- well.....I figured you'd be perfect in this, like you are in every other medium."
"W-WHAT?! I'm not perfect."
" Really, cause it sure seems like it! Anyhow, sure, I'll teach you. You won't even have to pay!!!!"
".......I wasn't planning on it." I gave him an affectionate smile. We were finally beginning to act like we used to around one another.
Lance started to teach me the basics. Surprisingly enough, I had the skill down. All I needed was to work on my technique. I blushed as his hands touched my bare skin, sending shivers down my spine. In spite of how nervous I felt, there was this strong sense of ease I felt around him. It was as though words didn't even need to me exchanged. It was just him and I , Lance and Keith. I wish it could just be the two of us.
"Pretty good for your first day." He grinned encouragingly.
I grinned back. "Thanks......but......"
"Hm?"
"I have just one question......what was the point in stripping?"
"Uh......" Lance was left speechless. "It's because.....um.... it's because YOUR  MANEUVERABILITY IS BETTER THEN THATS ALL-"
I laughed. I was pretty sure that wasn't the reason.
"Anyway.....we should probably put our clothes back on.....you know ..... before anyone sees."
"TOO LATE!!!" Pidge popped out of nowhere, brandishing her phone like a weapon or something.
"I HAVE RECORDED THE WHOLE THING MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!"
"PIDGE WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK-"Lance started.
"Holy cow that was super gay." Hunk added in a remark as he appeared.
"HUNK YOU TOO!?"
All I could do was burst out laughing. This is exactly how things were in team Voltron.
"SPACE PADRE HAS NOTICED THIS NEW DEVELOPMENT!!!!!" I suddenly realised Shiro was standing behind us.
"OH GOD SHIRO ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!"
My jaw dropped. I didn't even know he was there.
"Now,now,Paladins. Quiet d-" Coran was left speechless when he witnessed the scene. Then he finally said, "Keith, Lance, if you want to reproduce, you could've just-"
"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK ITS NOT LIKE THAT!!!!" Lance and I said simultaneously.
"Ok.......sure....." Pidge and Hunk said at the same time, Pidge with a sly smile and Hunk with an excited one.  Shiro just gave us a goofy smile and winked at me. I rolled my eyes.
"Ah young love...." Coran said wistfully, not even trying to hide the coy smile he was wearing.