Episode 2: Betrayal

Number One's Pov
"Wow. I am so astonished." I checked my phone for the time. Hmm. 7am. "Wake up." I shook Layla by the shoulders.

Layla blinked up at me slowly, her brown eyes widening in fear upon realizing who it was. "W-why are you..?"

I kicked her in the face. "I am so sick and tired of people asking me why I do things. My answer will always be the same." I pulled a knife out of my pocket. "BECAUSE I CAN." I smiled at her. 

She was crying and holding her face in pain.

"Now listen, there will be many consequences for what....Charlie has done." I frowned at a thought that crossed my mind. Did Layla even know the truth about Charlie? Would knowing it change her mind? Who cares. No use in telling her. Not like she'd believe me. She'd only ask how I knew. Or who I was. And obviously, I wouldn't tell her. That'd ruin the fun. "But, the first consequence, is for the rest of the day, I am going to beat the ever-living shit out of you." 

Layla shook her head and scooted away from me. "No. No. No. NO!" She winced and held her face, obviously pained from yelling.

"I'm going to enjoy this." I chuckled and walked over to her.

Charlie's Pov
I frowned and stared silently at the wall. I recall waking up in this dirty room yesterday. Dirty. All kinds of papers lying on the floor, a broken chair up against the wall. It smelled pretty bad too. But I didn't want to leave this room. Leaving meant I would have to speak to whoever had brought me here. And I didn't want that. And what about Micheal? Was he okay? 

I heard the door to the room open and I tensed up. I glanced over at the person and my eyes widened. Mr. Smith. Why was he here? Where did that huge thing go? Why couldn't I remember anything?

Mr. Smith sighed. "Alex wants to see you."

"Alex?" I titled my head. "After two months of no communication whatsoever, now he all of a sudden sends a giant freak to come and get me. Totally believable." I rolled my eyes.

"It's true. Believe it."

"Okay, Naruto." I recalled Tom saying that line to me when I used to say things like that.

Mr. Smith grabbed me by the arm. 

I felt strange and my skin began tingling as if it were on fire. 

He pulled me up and out of the room as I felt extremely light headed. This feeling. I'd felt it before. When I'd sent that boy through the window. But why was I feeling it now? I felt even worse because it was getting colder the further we got from the room. And I had ripped my shirt yesterday. So now I was topless. And it wasn't like it was summer time. It was freaking December.

He let go of me as we entered a big room with no ceiling. Even better. No I'd get to feel the wind. Chilling winds. Without a shirt. This air would kill me before any zombie would. Jeez.

I peered up to see Alex, and some other boy. But my head was hurting from that feeling I still felt. I groaned and fell forward, hitting my head against the dirty floor.

4 Months Ago
I shivered as I felt a strong breeze. I was wearing an orange sweater, but it was pretty thin. And fall was approaching. I wasn't doing anything really. School hadn't started yet, so I was wandering aimlessly, like a lost soul. I frowned quickly. Would people begin to think I was weird if I liked it when they hurt me? Maybe. Hmm. Maybe I should change it up. Make myself pitiful. And sympathetic. But I didn't know how. And then I heard two words that snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Kill yourself." A harsh voice spoke.

I glanced up to see two men in police uniforms. One was big and pretty bulky. And the other was skinny. The skinny one had glasses on. And had a hurt look on his face for a moment. His hair was a light brown.