Episode 2: Betrayal (Part 2)

Monica's Pov 5 Hours Later
I stood in the common area, pacing back and forth. "That Charlie boy and that Micheal guy are still missing?"

Sophia nodded. "No sign of either of them. No contact. No nothing. Jeez. And just when Charlie and I were getting along." She held her stomach for a moment. "But unfortunately, whatever I ate for breakfast isn't getting along with my stomach. "Kinda wanna hurl." She groaned.

Elizabeth patted Sophia's shoulder. "Enlarged stomach. Morning sickness. Oh god, you're pregnant." She joked. "Who's the father?"

"Haha. Very funny." Sophia rolled her eyes.

"Is Monica the father?" She gasped.

"I'm a girl. I think." I pouted.

"I never noticed." Elizabeth patted my head.

"Hey! I'm not a dog. Don't pet me."

"Short enough to be one." She snickered.

"Hmph!" I frowned. "You guys are mean."

"But you love us." Elizabeth winked.

"No. I love Emilia." I smirked.

"Your anime reference skills are off the charts. If only your memory was that good." Sophia smiled innocently.

"My memory is great."

"Uh huh. And lesbians don't exist." Sophia nodded.

"I'm glad you noticed." I smiled. I haven't heard from Ms. Mire in a while. I wonder what she's up to.

"So, what's the plan? I'm guessing Charlie and the other guy leaving had something to do with Amy's daughter."

"Most likely. They're thick in drama." Elizabeth twirled a knife in her hand.

"Our best course of action might be to leave." Sophia nodded.

I bit my lip gently. "Can we really do that? Just abandon the people we forged bonds with?"

"Sometimes, you have to leave something if it becomes too hectic or troublesome."

I stayed silent after that.

Charlotte's Pov
 I peered at the lady who was sitting off to the side of this big common area room. Her name was Maxine. And she was generally more withdrawn and quiet, not offering more than a few words since her arrival. I thought of a few icebreakers in the past but they'd all failed. So I was pulling out my trump card. "I'm a witch." I nonchalantly said.

Her mouth fell open and an angry expression took over her face. "A witch? Like the White one?"

"Yes. With magic, spells and all." I smiled. Finally, she speaks.

"But, are you the White Witch herself?"

"Why do you ask?"

"Because she fucked up my life. Getting involved with her ruined me. She let loose this person who had a certain power or curse to drain a person's lifespan through physical contact. He could have you above the age of 90 in under 20 seconds. And that's what he did. My friend Thomas was grabbed by him and dragged into the darkness. By the time I found him, he was an old looking corpse. And then that man grabbed me too, and robbed me of the rest of my teenage years." She frowned. "My slut of a sister named Jessica probably didn't notice or care that I had vanished. My older brother saved me, and we went home together, but she wasn't even there." She stood up. "I hate her as much as I hate the White Bitch. So I'll ask you again. Are you the White Witch or not?" She was glaring at me in anger now with her dark red eyes.

I took a deep breath. And answered her question truthfully.

Mary's Pov
I sighed loudly. "I have an uneasy feeling. I don't feel entirely safe." I voiced my concerns to two of my most valuable men, Albert and Butch. Former police officers. Albert was the brains of my organization. Butch was the loyal muscle.

"What's giving you that feeling, Mary?" Butch turned to me. We sat in my personal room in the building, and just these two was enough.

"I can't pinpoint the source, but I've been feeling it all day."

"Take a nap?" Albert suggested.

"No. I'm fine. I just need some time to think. Alone." I frowned.

"As you wish." Albert awkwardly winked and left the room.

"That guy's a freaking weirdo. But take care of yourself, Mary." Butch followed after him.

I sighed and shook my head. "How strange." I walked over to the large window in the room. The one that provided a nice view into the ocean. This base was built on the edge of a cliff. And I could see straight down into the ocean. It was nice to look at, and help calm my nerves. I then heard a creaking sound behind me. I turned around quickly and felt myself be pushed. I hit the window and went through it, the glass shattering around me. I saw a glimpse of blond hair as I plummeted towards the sharp rocks and salty cold water below with a loud scream.

Charlie's Pov
"Seriously? This place again?" I had been talking to Alex when I'd been pulled into my own mind again. "You just won't leave me alone, contradictory me." I spoke to my chained up persona.

He stared at me with one eye visible. The other one covered by his hair. "Give me my body back. Now."

I smiled. "I already told you yesterday. My answer is still no."

He huffed and burst free from the chains. "You spent so much time in here, powerless. But I'm not like you. I can manipulate this mindscape." He tapped the mirror that separated us, and chains burst from the walls, wrapping themselves around me.

"HEY!" I shouted. "Don't you dare!" I yelled as he disappeared. "No. Not again." I frowned as everything went dark. "NO!"

I awoke with a light gasp. I was breathing heavy. And Alex was staring at me.

"You okay? You uh..passed out..again. I'm worried."

I nodded. "I'm good. And back." I hugged him.

"Back? Where'd you go?"

"That's a really long story. I just need to...get back home."