Episode 4: Harsh Reality (Final Part)

Charlie's Pov
"How nice to see you." My voice was dull. "Enjoy killing mom?" I asked.

Dad sighed. "You've got it all wrong. It seems your memories are still mixed up."

Upon the mention of my memory, my head began pounding. I held it.

"That monster killed Zeke." I glared at him. "Why were you with him?"

Dad sighed. "I'll show you a little clip." He pulled out a VHS tape. Walking over to a super old looking TV and inserting it. He turned the TV on.

Static appeared on the TV. And then Number One stood there. "Hello, Charlie. I understand you might hate us both, but listen to your father. He wants to help you. You need to come to acknowledge the harsh reality and cold truth of the world. You're forgetting important things. And believe me, you're gonna wanna pay attention so the twist makes sense at the end." He smiled as the screen got fuzzy again.

Dad turned to me. He sat at a table across the room, two chairs seperated across the table. "He's coming. For a meeting. Soon."

I nodded. "Right." My head hurt more and I frowned, submerging into my memories.

10 Years Ago
"WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT!" My father gripped my throat. "I should have fucking pulled out quicker. Why was I forced to have such a talentless mistake. All you do is stare at me all day."

I blinked at him slowly. He was annoying. His hits never made me cry. But he always beat me.

Mom watched us, a faraway look in her eyes. "This can't go on like this." She muttered.

"You too? Damn bitch." He pulled out a beer bottle and glared at her. "I should kill you both."

2 Weeks Later
Mom smiled down at me. "You'll just be staying with them for a little while." She rubbed her bruised cheek. "Until your father can calm down."

I nodded up at her.

The front door to the house opened and a small boy with blond hair stared back at me.

"Zeke? Oh it's so nice to see you again? How's your mother?" Mom asked.

"She's okay."

"Go get her for me, please."

The boy named Zeke nodded, running off.

He looks interesting. Maybe if I was being forced to stay here, it wouldn't be completely boring. I was only staying for a few days though. A few days.

Four Years Later
"I asked you for a drink!" My father yelled. "Give me a damn drink!" He growled.

"You always hurt Charlie when you drink. Grow up. Do I have to send him back to Zeke's family again?"

"DON'T TOUCH MY PROPERTY!"

I watched, tears in my eyes. "Please....stop."

Dad whirled around and kicked me in the face, sending me to the floor. "Shut UP!"

My vision swam. My head thumped with pain. And my ears couldn't hear much besides yelling. I couldn't even tell who was yelling. I spat out blood and cringed. When my vision finally cleared after a few minutes and I pulled my face off the floor, my dad clutched his throat, a knife buried in it.

My mom watched him coldly. "I'm so done with this." She tore the knife from his throat and sighed. "I'm sorry....both of you.....take care of my boy." She jabbed the knife into her throat. Coughing up blood that dripped down her lips, a bloody smile on her face before falling over next to Dad. I saw a person screaming and crying at the edge of my vision. I saw them. Barely. My eyes were getting blurry with tears. I cried. Blocking out the noise I heard and covering my ears.