Episode 5: No Man's Land

Butch's Pov
"I know it's late. Or early rather. I get it. The sun isn't up. You're cranky. But I heard witches can revive people. So I came to you." I peered up at the lady who called herself the White Witch. "Please."

The White Witch rolled her eyes. "You know the deal. It costs a lot of money. And the fact that you woke me at 4 in the morning means it's gonna cost you extra." She sighed. "Might just relocate this place and then nobody will bother me." She muttered. "Who is it you want me to revive?"

"Mary Mire." I frowned.

"Ooh. A celebrity crime boss. Did I just hear my price jump up?"

I sighed. "Whatever. I don't care how you do it. I just want her back."

She shrugged. "Sure. I'll even throw in a gift. Just to be nice to a fellow woman in power." She paused. "How'd she die?"

"Killed. By a girl in the organization." I replied simply.

"Tragic." She stood. "Don't wake the children while you wait. I'll get what she needs. Unless you don't have her body. Then it's gonna cost even more."

I groaned.

Alex's Pov
I sat next to the floating tank containing Emily. "I'm trying to convince him to let you go." I placed my hand on the glass. "You probably can't hear me, but I'll get you out of this lab. I promise. Our family may not be a happy one, but we have to stick together." I smiled sadly.

Emily's eyes were closed and she simply floated. Connected to some machine keeping her alive but weakened.

"Down in the low levels again?" Dad asked from behind me.

"You keep her all the way down here. To be expected." I shrugged.

"Hm. It's started to rain." He adjusted his lab coat. "Took a look outside."

I nodded. "Right. Rain." I frowned. "Rain. So depressing." I muttered. Rain has always made me sad. The only time I liked it was the time I first met...the...former Charlie in the rain. He wanted to kill me. Plain and simple. But I'd changed him. He was a good person and that personality was gone. Charlie. I wonder what you're doing. I haven't checked on you in a bit.

Charlie's Pov
I sighed as I woke up, glancing up at the ceiling. My head hurt from being smacked with...his bat. I shivered.

"I'm sorry it came down to this." A familiar female voice spoke.

"Monica. Clowns? Seriously? Where's Elizabeth? Did you kill her?" Accusations at the edge of my tongue.

"Hello to you too." Monica gave me a look.

I looked away from her. "What's wrong with everyone? Why is everyone so crazy?"

"I'm not crazy. I just...needed money. My boss.... something happened. So I...had to move on to other things."

"And you joined the clown who killed most of my family. Including himself."

"Huh? No idea what you're talking about. I joined because I have nowhere else to go. They provided escape when I was in a tight spot. Jeez."

"Sit up, Charlie. Come to the dinner table." Number One lifted me up by the hair, pointing at the table Monica and the rest of the clowns sat at.

"Sophia. She stabbed me. And now I'm here. You either took me from her, or she's among you." I glanced at the clowns.

"So smart." A boy that looked exactly like me shook his head.

"No matter. We have something very important to announce. And you're gonna be apart of it." Number One ate a steak off the plate in front of him.