Ch 2 understatement

Lance pov
Three days. My limbs are sprawled out on the sofa and I'm bored. We haven't seen Keith or the baby in three days. And this storm hasn't done anything. Even Shiro got bored with training. Allura was teaching Shiro how to do an Altean dance off to the side. Her soft British voice out the counts.  Hunk was watching Pidge tap away on her computer.
The door slides open. We all stop and look to see Coran. Bags under his eyes and cheekbones became visible, cheeks caving in.
"They.... are stable. *yawns* for now."

"Why don't you go get some sleep?" Allura walked over placing an arm around his shoulders.
"Thank you princess but I can't. The two still need constant attention every two hours. Keith is healing but he's awake in the pod. I had to lower the power so the baby can properly heal. Although Keith's Galra side is starting to come out. He's an omega."

"It's Alright Coran. I'll take first watch."
Pidge got up closing her laptop.
"Yea we can take care of Keith and the baby."

"The child's name is Liu." Coran said, Allura guided her adviser away to get food goo and to a room.
Pidge went down the hall.

Pidge pov

I walk down the hall with my laptop in hand. The hall felt abandoned it's really quiet. I approach the white doors that slide to the side and let me pass through and close behind.
There were machines and tubes attached to one healing pod. In it was a big pillow and curled up on top of it. Was Keith wrapped in a blanket. His knees pressed against the side and his back on the other side. He was in his regular clothes. On his chest was a curled up purple fluff clinging to his shirt. Keith looked to me. He had a clear mask on connected to a tub.
"Pidge? Is Coran taking a break?"
I nod and went to sit down by the clear glass.
"So how's the little one."

"Sleeping. But will need to wake up to eat soon. What about the others?"

"Fine kinda bored. Allura took us to the pool kinda fun. The pool became a giant blob of water when she lowered the gravity in the room and we were all over the place! It was so cool! We even had a chicken fight! I think Shiro and Allura have a thing for each other."

Keith chuckled. "Sounds like fun," he looked to the child on his chest. Small thing coughed and nuzzled back into Keith.
"Needs to wake up now."
Keith shifted to sit up. He takes of his mask. The wall went down. He takes a mask off the baby gently tapping Liu awake.
The baby coos and reached up to Keith pulling on a big fluffy black ear. I didn't notice Keith's big black fluffy bat ears.
He had a long tail that was dark purple. His feet had kitty pads on the bottom.
Keith lifted his shirt bringing the child to his chest. It latched on and sucked.
"Wait? You can breast feed?"

"Yea. Coran said it's one of the properties of being an omega. Along with being able to get pregnant. Sadly."

I scoff. I watch the child feed for a while. Once it pulls away. Keith burps the kid.
"I thought you wouldn't like kids."

"Well when you go from foster family to family, orphanage to Orphanage. You kinda get the kids dumped on you."
He said while placing the baby mask over the kid and his own mask on. The glass appears again and he relaxed.
"I never though tha-"
He was interrupted by a coughing fit. The baby also joined.
He stopped and pat Liu's back.
"Sorry that tends to happen. Never though I would still be mothering kids in space."

Keith looked kinda sad. He holds the kid close to his chest. His eyes started to close. He fought it but eventually sleep took over.
I open my lap top and play a game. Occasionally glancing to Keith only to find him sleeping with the baby. The door slides open and Lance came in.
"Whoa. How's he doing?"
He said and sat on the step below me.
"He and the kid are sleeping. Although. For a sickness this is pretty big. Keith-"
I was interrupted by the baby having a coughing fit. Lance kinda panicked and jumped to get up.
"That's normal Lance. Calm down."

"Are you sure?!"

"Yes boi! Now sit down."
He sat back down. The baby stopped coughing thank god lance didn't emergency open the pod. The room was quiet. As I tapped away on the keys. A quick glance up at Keith then to lance. Lance had a face of a concerned parent. He just stares at Keith and Baby Liu.
"Lance?"
He jolted and looked to me.
"Y-you should get going. I have next watch."

"Do you like him?" I asked closing the screen.

"Who the baby? Yea I like the baby such a cute little-"

"No,I'm mean Keith."
I stop him. His face went red.
"Well ya know we're rivals. And stuff I think I'm one upping him now,"

"Lance."

"Okay! Yes I like mullet head. He so serious. He's amazing at everything. He's so different from the other guys. Normally I approach first but with Keith. I have to think of what I say or he'll take it the wrong way."

I suck in a breath and let it out calmly.  This boi  is making my ship cannon!
"He's a direct person lance if you like him, walk up to him grab him by the shoulders and just kiss him. It's not that hard. Literally."
That's the best advice I got.
Just. DO IT!

The door slides open. "Alright you two scurry along. I'll take it from here."
Coran walked in. I get up to leave with Lance following. The glass on the healing pod went down.
"Oh well look at that. Fully healed."
Keith slowly sat up and took off the masks on him and the baby weakly standing
He stepped out and fell Lance opened his arms letting Keith fall right into his chest.
"I got ya buddy."
He brings Keith to the ground Carefully, he placed one arm under his thighs and another under his back and picked Keith up.
"I got him."

"Bring him to the kitchen they need food."
Coran said.
We head down to the kitchen. Keith started to stir awake the closer we got, the baby coughed up a fit. Lance placed Keith in a chair. Keith shifts and coughed a little. Coran placed a machine on the table and put the masks back on Keith and Liu. With a small hum they relaxed. The baby was the first to open his eyes reaching up and pulling on Keith's kitty bat ear to wake him up.
Keith smiled and rubbing the kittens ear.
I look to Lance who was completely red.
"Where?"
Keith asked.
"In the kitchen."

"He's awake?" Hunk came in with Shiro and Allura a few feet behind him.
"Good to see ya up Keith" Shiro places a hand on his shoulder. The baby pushed at Shiros metal hand with a pouting face and hissed.
Shiro pulled away and Liu nuzzled into Keith's neck.
"Well damn. Someone is attached."
Lance said.
Hunk made Keith food and Keith Breastfeeds Liu. This just gets weirder.