five.

July

1: stands for the amount of times Melissa lets herself indulge in dessert throughout a week.

2: stands for how many cups of tea she drinks in a day. Apparently, it's "necessary to her survival as a human in today's society."

3: stands for the total amount of family she has left; two brothers and her mother.

4: equals the amount of hours her mother is home in a day, which I can tell breaks her heart, even if she won't outright tell me.

5: is her favorite number. Melissa believes that everything good comes in fives. There will never be a non aesthetically pleasing number that's divisible by it.

6: stands for the total number of years she's lived in California. She moved here when she was eleven. I can only assume my story is similar to hers. She said her father had died. Never did she mention a correlation between the two, but maybe Melissa wanted a fresh start as well.

7: equals how many times she's left the city after moving out here. Life away from California seems to be an interest to her, but she's never tried for it. A dream of hers may be to leave this small-ish town and push it to the back of her mind. But she can't; her brothers are younger. They wouldn't be able to come with.

8: stands for all the pins she has on her jacket. Each has a little story behind them that shows a little bit more of her personality to me. Which I love.

9: is how many times she's "accidentally" jumped the line in the cafe just so she could get out of there faster.

10: stands for the total amount of times she's looked at colleges. All of those instances being freshman and sophomore year when they were mandatory.

Infinity: equals the amount of times I'd have all those conversations all over again.