seven.

July

Her lips curl into a smirk, pulling me into a trance. Even the sight of her makes my heartbeat speed up.

hit. hit. hit.

It thrums against my chest. She lifts her lashes only slightly to peer up at me through them. Her soft, brown eyes look beautiful under the light. Moments like these make me want to get lost in them.

"Sit, Jas," Melissa says.

Nicknames have never been made. She's always been Melissa, I've always been Jasper.

But now, I'm Jas.

I sit down on the wooden chairs. My right leg bounces up and down, a feeling of stress flows through my veins. It's because of her.

My eyebrow quirks up and I tilt my head to the side. "So, what's the occasion?"

Melissa looks around the cafe, almost seeming to be making sure no one was listening in.

"I just really missed you, Jas."

Jas; she obviously saw how the three letter name affected me.

Smart.

Her warm hand encompasses my right knee, immediately making it still. As if my heartbeat couldn't pick up anymore, it does.

hit. hit. hit.

Melissa's face is calm and collected. The subtle curl of her lip shows off innocence, but the way her hand slowly creeps up my leg says otherwise. My breathing hitches as her perfectly manicured hand reaches halfway up my thigh.

"Melissa?" I ask, breathless. She doesn't know the effect she has on me. Just being in her presence causes me to stop breathing. Her beauty is something I could never explain. The semi-lack of makeup helps me see her true beauty and it's great. I could write pages upon pages just describing the way I feel when I look at her.

Call it infatuation, lust, I don't care. Whatever it is, I'm completely and utterly fine with it.

"Is something wrong, Jas."

"Nope," I gulp. "Nothing at all."