author's note

Hi everyone. I'm really sorry about including this author's note, I know I'm not a huge fan of them, but I think this needs to be said.

( trigger warning: mention of sexual harassment & racist and sexist jokes )

It has recently come to my attention that Daniel Handler (aka: Lemony Snicket) has been accused multiple times of inappropriate sexual comments in the workplace as well as sexual harassment, racist jokes, and sexist jokes.

I am utterly appalled and disappointed. His books mean so much to me, and it is hard for me to accept what he's done. But, his actions are horrible, and I feel that everyone should be aware.

I do not want to support him. I will no longer be buying his books, and I am not near as excited as I previously was for the second season of the Netflix show. This might be hard for me because I feel like I'm still supporting him by even liking the show. I still do love the series, so I will try my best to try to enjoy ASOUE without associating it with Daniel Handler. I will continue writing this fan fiction, but I want to make it clear that I DO NOT SUPPORT DANIEL HANDLER OR ANY OF HIS ACTIONS.

Again, I will do my best to separate the series from the author, but I can't guarantee that will happen. If it doesn't work out, I may stop writing this book, but for now I will continue.

I would love to hear any of your thoughts, so feel free to comment.

Source: https://psmag.com/.amp/social-justice/how-will-publishing-deal-with-lemony-snicket-amid-metoo?__twitter_impression=true