Part 6- If Only

JUNGKOOK'S POV~

I ran inside her room immediately, leaving behind the doctor and the nurse i spoke with few minutes ago. I saw her laying on a hospital bed, skinny and pale, but still beautiful.

"Ji-eun, baby, please wake up. I need you." i said as i held her hand, hoping that she'll wake up. I tried to wake her up by nudging her body a bit, but it did nothing.

"Ji-eun, please..." i cried and nudging her body, a little harder this time. It still did nothing. I held her hand again, squeezed it, and kissed it.

"I...love....you" with that, a tear escaped my right eye and fell on her right cheek. I just cried the whole time, holding her hand, and hoping that she will wake up. After a few moments of crying i felt a hand touch my hair softly. I instantly looked up, just to be greeted by a beautiful woman named, Lee Ji-eun.

"You're finally awake." i said, crying, with a warm smile. She did the same. My heart ached to see, the love of my life, in this state. I just can't stop scolding and blaming myself for this. It is all my fault she is in this state. I shouldn't have cheated on her.

"Jungkook..." she spoke, softly and calmly. I instantly replied a "Hmm?"

"I...love...you...too." that's the last thing she said as she shut her pretty eyes again. I cried, and was (jung) shook when realization hit me. She heard me say "I love you".

"I love you more, babygirl." i said and hugged her small body. Then i heard the door open. I turned to see Ji-eun's doctor, Dr. Kim.

"She is fine. You don't need to worry. She just needs plenty of rest. I think it is best if you leave temporarily and just come back tomorrow morning. Let's just let her sleep in peace and quite." the man spoke. I nodded and let go of her. I gave her a kiss goodbye, thanked the doctor for his help, and left the room. I went to the information desk and saw the nurse i was talking with couple of minutes ago.

"Hey, um, can we talk for a minute?" i said as i nudged her forearm. She turned to me and instantly smiled.

"Sure. Is it about Ji-eun?" she asked with a concerned tone.

"Yes. And i want you to tell me what really happened to her." her smile fell a little.

"Okay, but not here. Let's go to the cafe near this place."

"Wait. What about your job?" i asked her, confused.

"It's okay. I can just ask permission from our boss and we're free to go." she said with a smile. My confusion simply grew.

"How are you so sure that your 'boss' will allow us?" i questioned.

"Fyi, the 'boss' is a close friend of mine. He allows me everytime i ask permission." she stated. Then, she took her phone out and dialed a number. A few seconds of waiting, the person on the other end answered the call.

"Hello? Yes. This is Su-ji. I just wanted to ask you if i can go out to the cafe? I need something important to do. Don't worry, i can send Dinah to take my place for a while...." she waited for the person- she's talking with- to reply.

"Okay. I will get going now. Yes. Bye." with that, she ended the call. She turned to me and smiled.

"Let's go?" she instructed me to follow her out of the building.

FEW MINUTES LATER~

"So, since when did you and my girlfriend met?" i asked her.

"4 days ago-"

"Where did you guys met?"

"At the hospital-"

"Why did she came there?"

"Jeez, dude. Chill. Are you, like, an interviewer?" she questioned, annoyed.

"Oops. I'm sorry-" now she was the one who cut me off.

"It's okay. She came because she was having severe headaches the past few days. And she asked me if there was a doctor that can cure her. Obviously, her doctor is Dr. Kim Seokjin. And...." she didn't finish her sentence, she lowered her head. I can tell that her face saddened.

"And...?" i asked impatiently

"And, she found out that she has a stage 4 brain cancer." i got (jung) shook. So many things ran through my mind. So that's why she wanted us to stay together for at least 7 days more. It's because she only has 7 days to live. Tears began to stroll down my now-pale-cheeks. Guilt. Anger. Disappointment. Shame. Sadness. Rushed through my body. I shouldn't have cheated on her. I shouldn't have. I cried, scolding myself.

"But, why didn't she tell me?" asked, confused over the whole thing that was happening.

"That, i don't know." i thanked her, we bid goodbyes to each other and we both parted ways. The whole time, i couldn't stop thinking about Ji-eun. Then there's two words that can't stop running through my mind everytime i think of her:

"If only..."

|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|

Hey babes! So, i'm sorry if this chapter is boring and short. It's just because the next chapter will be so longgg... Soooo.... Prepare yourselves because more dramas are gonna come. BTW, thank you guys for supporting my story! I know it's lame but i will try my best to improve my writing skills. Votes and comments would be so loved♥️ Love y'all! 😍♥️💕