Fifteen

A/N: ^^ Neymar <3

The two of us were quiet for the first part of the journey. Despacito was playing, and for a wonder, Neymar hadn't skipped it. I knew he was sick of the song, although I still loved it. But perhaps he was preoccupied to notice what song was playing.

At length, he reached out and took my hand gently in his, resting them between our seats. I didn't object, but turned to look at him as he drove. It was completely dark outside now, but his hazel eyes still shone slightly in the darkness. Every so often, we drove under a street lamp, which for a brief moment would illuminate the blonde tips of his hair, and the "tudo passa" inscribed elegantly on his neck, before the moment passed, and we were plunged into darkness again.

"Why did you choose him?" He asked me quietly, his eyes meeting mine for a second, before they were focussed on the road again.

"He asked me the same question," I admitted to him.

"And what did you say?" He asked.

I bit my lip.

"I told him you were too much for me to handle, I can't keep up with you, Ney. With Lex, what you see is what you get."

"And you don't like roller coasters?" He raised an eyebrow, without looking at me.

I gave him a look.

"Maybe I was worried that neither of us were serious and that you'd move on quickly. I didn't want to get hurt, and you can't deny you have a reputation."

He laughed bitterly.

"Nia, I would struggle to control you, let alone play you," he said. "And as well as that, all of our teammates treat you like their little sister, I can just see Hector ripping me to pieces with his bare hands if I messed up, and sending the parts back to Brazil by carrier pigeon. Let alone what Thierry would do!"

I had to laugh at this, his words lightened the mood considerably.

"You're scared of Hector?" I asked incredulously.

"He was ready to kill me on your behalf the other day, when I said things I shouldn't have."

"Hmm, remind me again why I'm still friends with you?" I asked.

Neymar did not immediately reply. We'd finally arrived at my house, and he stopped the car. He turned to face me, looking me in the eyes.

"Ask yourself that question. Why are you still here?"

"I don't want to loose you," I responded.

"And you won't," he said quietly, his hazel eyes flickering over my face, observing my expression. "I'm not going to leave you, ever."

We stared at each other, for what seemed like eternity, until finally he sighed, removing his hand from mine, and sitting up straighter.

"We should both go to bed if we want to be functioning human beings at training tomorrow," he said.

I nodded.

"Thank you for driving, it was a fun evening."

"I had fun too," he grinned. "I'll see you tomorrow morning?"

"Oh that's right, it's 8:30am start, wonderful," he snorted. "Yeah, I'll see you then."

I left the car, closing the door behind me, and entered the house quietly. As I got ready for bed that evening, my thoughts drifted constantly to Neymar, mo matter how much I tried to force them away. And for the first time since I'd made the decision, I wondered where I would be now if I'd chosen Neymar instead.