Assembling the Avengers

A/N

I do not own any of the Marvel characters in this story! I only own Stephanie and her parents. Thank you.

Stephanie's POV

I thought of all the terrible memories I had.

Punch.

My mom and dad dying.

Punch.

Realising it was my fault.

Punch.

The pain and suffering of being a science experiment.

Punch. Punch.

The punching flew of the chain. This is how I relaxed. I took out all of my anger in the punching bag. It relieved my stress and I spent most of my free time here. I went to grab another when I heard someone clapping in the doorway of the gym. I looked to see Phil Coulson. That guy was like a second father to me. He raised me after the.... Incident with my real parents. He took me in and treated me like I was his own.

"How's it going, Steph?" He asked walking closer to me. "Not bad, that's only my third one tonight!"I replied gesturing to the punching bag I had just broke while grabbing another bag. Because of my strength, they weren't that heavy. I lifted it with one hand and hooked it to the chain that held it.

"Great. I need your help." He said.

Ugh. Another mission. I nodded, urging him to go on.

"I need help assembling The Avengers. Tomorrow morning we're leaving for New York for Tony Stark, AKA Iron Man."

"Him? I thought he wasn't qualified? He's selfish and witty and-" I started but Phil cut me off.

"He can help locate the Tesseract." He stated.

"It's been stolen? Why didn't anyone tell me? By who?" I asked, confused. I have all-access clearance, why didn't I know?

"It was stolen last night by a man named Loki, he's not from around here. He's from another planet called Asgard, he's a god." Phil said matter-of-factly.

"We're dealing with Norse gods? Does Thor know?" I asked.

"I don't know. He's in another world and we have know way of communicating with him. We can't assume he'll come."

I sighed, "Alright, I'm in."

He smiled, "Great, see you tomorrow morning, 8 o'clock sharp on the boarding dock." He walked out.

I started taking off the tape I had around my hands and walked back to my room. My room was small, with just the necessaries. I had a small bed with an en suite attached. A small dresser for my belongings and a small closet for my clothes. I took of by tank top and shorts and got a quick shower before bed. I put on by pyjama's and slipped into a dreamless sleep.

A/N

First official chapter is up! Hope you guys like it! Sorry if it's short! It was late when I wrote it. Comment what you think! I'll update again soon!

;) -Britty