Clearing Things Up

I ran out of the room. I ran through the long hallways until I came up to the gym. I knew Steve would be there. He always came here when he was upset or needed to relax.

He sure had to be upset now, I thought.

I walked thought the doors of the gym and heard the sound of fists on a punching bag. I looked to the source and found Steve in a tight white shirt and gray sweats. He was punching the bag really hard, and it hurt to know that I was the cause of his anger.

"Steve?" I said.

He stopped punching but still faced away from me.

"I can't believe you." He said, his words dripping with anger and disappointment.

"Look, Steve, I can explai-"

"I know what I saw, Steph. You didn't listen to me! You were stupid enough to fall for him! I knew I shouldn't have taken my chances with you." He said, turning around. His blue eyes were full of hurt. I felt terrible. Wait, did he just call me stupid?

"Steve, listen to me. I-"

"No, you listen to me. We're done. You can go with Loki and be his Goddess or whatever. Don't let me hold you back. You obviously love the villain more than you could ever love an old man!" He was yelling now. I felt tears fill my eyes as I backed away. I turned away, not wanting him to see me cry.

"Steve," I whispered. "He kissed me, I pushed him away. I'm not stupid, I didn't fall for his trick, and I'm not and never will be HIS GODDESS!" I said, getting louder with each word.

I was fighting the fire that was surfacing in my hands. Before he could say another word, I ran to my room and cried into my pillow. I can't believe what he just said to me. I thought he was a gentleman and had respect for women. This made me cry harder.

I heard a knock at my door.

"Go away!" I yelled.

"It's Steve, just please let me in, we need to talk."

I walked over to the door and opened it. He stood there with a sad expression. I let him in and we sat on my bed.

"Listen, Steve, I'm sorry. Loki started kissing me and I didn't want t-" I was cut off by Steve's lips against mine.

"I'm the one who should be sorry. I shouldn't have blamed you for this. I should've known you wouldn't have kissed Loki." He said.

"Oh, and by the way, I didn't mean what I said back there. You're not stupid. Heck, you actually know how to turn in an iPhone where as I.. have not figured that out just yet." he said as he took out his phone and started examining it.

"Like this," I said pushing the button in top as Steve watched in awe as the screen lit up.

"But, what did you mean about taking your chances with me?" I asked.

"Steph, you can kill me in ten seconds flat. There were some chances I took but I'm sure glad I took 'em." He explained, leaning forward until our lips were only centimeters apart, our noses touching.

"Is that so?" I asked quietly.

"Yep." He said as he closed the gap between us. I smiled into the kiss and he smiled back.

"Steph, what happened your shoulders? they're bruised." He asked.

"It's nothing, really." I responded quickly.

"They don't look like nothing. They're shaped like handprints. I swear if Loki did this I'm gunna kick his-"

"Steve!" I say, cutting him off.

"Who did it Steph?" He asked demandingly.

"Um, well, remember when you told me not to fall for Loki's tricks? Well, you may have squeezed my shoulders a bit hard." I said the last part quietly.

"I did that to you? Stephanie, I'm so so sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you, I swear! Ugh, I'm such an idiot! I can't-"

I pressed my lips against his. he immediately kissed back.

"Well, that shut you up." I said smirking. "And really, it's fine. Doesn't even hurt."

"I love you." He said smiling.

"I love you too" I said before kissing him again.