Arguing and Discoveries

Tony, Bruce, Steve, and I were in the lab, watching Tony and Bruce as they search for the Tesseract.

"You should stop by Stark Towers sometime, top ten floors all R&D, you'd love it, it's candy land." Tony said to Bruce.

"Thanks, but last time I was in New York, I kinda broke... Harlem." replied Bruce.

"Well, I promise a stress free environment. No worries, no surprises." Just then, Tony shocked Bruce with an electric pin.

"Are you nuts?" I asked as I stood up from my chair.

"Jury's out. You really got a lid on it don't you? What's your secret? Mellow Jazz? Bongo drums? A huge bag of weed?"

I rolled my eyes.

"Is everything a joke to you?" I asked Tony.

"Funny things are."

"Jeopardizing the safety of everyone on this ship isn't funny." Steve said.

"You're tiptoeing big man, you need to strut." Tony told Bruce.

"And you need to focus on the problem, Mr. Stark." I said angrily.

"You think I'm not? Why did Fury call us in, and why now? Why not before? What isn't he telling us? I can't do the equation if I don't have all the variables." He retorted.

"You think Fury's hiding something?" Steve asked.

"He's a spy, Cap, he's the spy. His secrets have secrets." I told Steve.

"It's bugging him too, isn't it?" Tony directed toward Bruce.

"Um, I just want to finish my work here and....." Bruce trailed off.

"Anna?" Steve asked, turning to me. "what do you think about all this?"

"'A warm light for all mankind to share', Loki's jab to Fury about the cube. Well, I think that was meant for you, Tony. Even if Barton didn't tell Loki about Stark Tower, it's been all over the news." I said.

"Stark Tower? That big, ugly building in New York?" Steve asked, receiving a glare from Tony.

"It runs on Arc reactors, a self sustaining energy source. That building will run itself for what, a year?" Bruce added.

"It's only the prototype. I'm kinda the only name in clean energy right now." Tony bragged.

"So why didn't SHIELD bring him in on the Tesseract project?" Bruce asked.

"What are they doing in the energy business in the first place?" I added.

"I should probably check that once my decryption program finishes breaking into all of SHIELD's secure files." Tony said.

"I'm sorry, did you say-" I started but was cut off by Tony.

"JARVIS has been running it since we hit the bridge. I a few hours we'll know every dirty secret SHIELD has ever tried to hide. Blueberry?" He points a silver packet of blueberries to Steve.

"Is that what you put on the computer?" I asked, remembering him placing a small gadget on one of the computers.

"Smart girl." He says, offering me a blueberry. I grab a few and toss them into my mouth.

"I try to be." I say, smirking.

"And you wondered why they didn't want you around." Steve says.

"An intelligence organization that fears intelligence? Historically, not awesome." Tony retorts.

"I think Loki's trying to wind us up. This is a man who means to start a war, and we don't focus, he'll succeed." Steve said. I flinched at the word war. Is he really starting a war? I don't think I'm ready for a war.