02; the weakling

"Tap out! Come on, Rapp. Tap out!" The girl yelled at the dark haired boy but he didn't do what she asked. He knew he could win from her in a heartbeat.

He elbowed her in her ribs and a loud crack was heard, a scream erupted from her lips. It made her loosen her grip on his head and he managed to get out. "Why were you following me?" He asked as he quickly retrieved a Glock 31, which was loaded.

"Stop, don't shoot me." Janina stayed calm as she put her hands up in defeat. "I'm Janina Fletcher, I work for Stan Hurley." She said and and looked at him. "I know that, but that wasn't my question. Why. Were. You. Following. Me?" He repeated and kept his gun pointed at her.

"It was my assignment. Hurley said I had to follow you and attack you, then bring you to the base." She said and slowly got up, wiping the dust from her jeans. Her ribs hurt but it was nothing she wasn't used to. "Hurley sent you? Why?" He asked and put the gun down. He had ignored Hurley ever since Dubai, he kind of hoped he would've understood the hint.

"Hurley told me he would explain everything at the base, you just need to come with me." Janina looked at the man who was going to be her partner. She had heard about him a lot, because of him taking out Ghost. She didn't really know how to feel about him.

—————————————————

It took Janina four tries and many words until Mitch finally agreed to get in the car with her and when they arrived at the base she noticed Mitch's tensed muscles. "Sir, Rapp is here." Janina said when she walked into Hurley's office. She watched Hurley turn around and a grin formed on his face once he saw Mitch.

"Took you long enough to come back, Rapp." Hurley said as he took a step closer to him. Janina backed away a couple steps to let the men talk. "Well, I didn't really come here by myself, did I? Sending your guard dog, smart one." Mitch said and looked at Janina before clenching his jaw and looking back at Hurley. "What do you want from me?"

"Berlin. I need you and Janina there, a German association has been formed. All the information you need is in those files there, your plain leaves in two days." Hurley said and crossed his arms on his chest. "What? Hey, first of all, you don't get to order me around. I never said I wanted to join this mission. Second of all, you're sending me to Berlin with the weakling? Are you crazy?!" Mitch looked at Hurley and snapped.

"I'm sorry? What did you just call me?" Janina took a step closer to Mitch and glared at him. "You don't know anything about me, so shut up before I make you shut up." She said, trying to be intimidating. "Oh princess, you don't scare me one bit." Mitch replied as he also took a step closer, their faces inches apart from each other.

"Okay okay, let's just drop this childish behavior. Rapp, you're going, whether you like it or not, and Fletcher is coming with you. Understood?" Hurley looked stern and the two broke apart. Janina grabbed the files that included all the information about the German association and she sat outside, on Hurley's porch.

"Fine, but don't blame me if she ruins the mission, Stan." He said and Hurley chuckled.

"I know she isn't the strongest one, Mitch, but you're underestimating her. She's intelligent, fast and knows the tactics. In this operation she's the brain, you're the body." Hurley replied and grabbed another file from his desk, handing it to Mitch. "All the information you need on her. Even test results."

Mitch took the file and opened it. "Jesus, she scored even better in shooting than me." He said and Hurley smiled proudly. Mitch kept reading. "Okay, I get your point. But still, if this gets fucked up it's not my fault." He said and gave the file back.

Hurley chuckled. "Go and talk to her, it doesn't have to be small talk, at least talk about the mission." Hurley said and without another word Mitch left his office.

Janina was reading through the first file when Mitch took it from her hands. "Hey, I was reading that!" She glared at him and tried to take it back but Mitch just kept it away from her. "You read the other one." He mumbled and kept reading. She growled at him but did what he said and started reading the other file. She was shocked by the information. The group existed of around twenty men and women. The file also had an invitation for a dance.

"Do you have a tuxedo?" Janina asked him and Mitch frowned. "A tuxedo? Why do you ask?" He replied and she grabbed the invitation, showing it. "It looks like we're a married couple, mister Abrahams." She chuckled and put the invitation back.

"I um... yeah I think I have a tuxedo somewhere." He said. He wasn't used to this, working with such a girl. He had to admit she was beautiful. Her short brown hair flattered her face perfectly and it made her look amazing.

Mitch bit his lip, having a hard time focusing on the words. He occasionally glanced at Janina and saw her biting her lip as she focused on the papers. It was cute. Did you just really think it looked cute? Jesus Mitch.

Janina closed the file. "I know what I need to know. Here's my number, text me if you need anything. I'll see you at the airport." She said and walked back to her car.