Major Trouble

Chapter 5

Tall, sexy and off limits walk up to me and my heart started racing. Why was I acting this way toward him? "Well Simmons you made it. What do you think?" I was speechless. He was too hot in that tight shirt that showed his rock hard muscles. "Simmons are you ok?" "Yeah Major Dixon just peachy. I think I will go get something to drink. It is really hot in here." I was walking passed him when he reach and grab my elbow "Esther save me a dance?" He then let go and walk over to Major Phillips. Yep I was definitely in trouble.

"Wow Esther you really like him", said Maddie coming up behind me. "Maddie where have you been?" "Oh you know just around. Good news I found out that Major sexy is single and so is Major Hotty ." "Shh Maddie you don't want anyone to hear you." "Oh Esther you have to learn to relax a little, but don't worry tonight we are going to forget about everything. Here drink this". "What is it?" "Drink it and ask questions later". "Fine but what are we drinking to?" "Umm I think to marrying those two fine men one day". "Ok Maddie bottoms up". Just when I said that Brantley Gilbert song 'Bottoms Up' came on. "Come on let's dance", said Maddie pulling me up the dance floor.

Sean's POV

Why did Esther have to take my breath away? "Well Sean what are you planning on doing about this problem you have ", asked Dean? "I don't have a problem Dean, maybe just a mission." He starting laughing "ok man what is your mission? ". "To not fall for Esther Simmons". "Man I say that is one mission that you are going to fail", said Dean giving me a beer.

"Did you find out anymore about her?" "No the computer nerd said give him a week." "Why so long? I thought he was the best?" "He is but he said there are a lot of secrets in her past. He is having trouble digging up everything. Don't worry in just a week you will know all about your future bride", said Dean laughing. "I didn't say we were getting married". "Yet you aren't getting married yet, but I feel it coming in the very near future." "I seriously doubt it Dean. You know my rules." "Yeah I know them Sean to never get attach, but your head better start telling your heart." Dean walked away towards the girls and I knew he was right. I had to keep my distance.

Esther's POV

We just stop dancing when I see Major Phillips walking up to us. "Ladies I was wondering if y'all would like to have a drink with Sean and I?" Maddie didn't think twice about it she practically shouted out yes before he was finished talking. "Umm I think I will go find the ladies room. I will catch up with y'all later". "Oh no you don't", said Maddie grabbing my arm. "Give us just a minute Major Phillips". "Sure our booth is over there." He walked off and Maddie turns to me "please don't do this Esther. You know how much I like him". "Maddie go ahead I really have to go to the bathroom I will be right there."

"Ok you better", said Maddie with a little squeal. The girl was hopeless. Matter I felt that it was inappropriate to have a drink with Mr. Off limits, I still wanted to be around him. I walked off in search of a restroom. I just found it when a hand reach out and grab my arm. "Well what do we have here", said a guy with light blue eyes and black hair? He was cute but something about the way he look at me gave me the chills.

"Can you please let go of me?" That only made him grab me harder. "I haven't seen you around here before. What is your name?" "It is Esther now will you please let me go?" "Esther such a pretty name. Let's dance." "Umm no thanks", but he kept pulling me towards the dance floor. I was just about to shout or kick him, anything to make him let go of me when I hear "I believe the lady said let her go". I looked up and met the worry eyes of Major Dixon.

Sean's POV

I saw Esther walk away from Maddie and I thought she decided not come have a drink. Needless to say I was disappointed but didn't want Dean to know. Maddie set down and said "Esther will be here in a moment just had to go to the restroom". I was instantly relieve and by the look on Dean's face he knew I was but he didn't say anything.

As Maddie and Dean started a conversation I look around to see if I could see Esther. I saw her walk toward a pool table to get to the restroom, and when a guy grab her arm I almost came unglue. I jump to my feet and calmly walk over to them. I knew Dean would never let me live it down by coming to her rescue like a knight and shining armor, but it was something about her that I felt like I needed to protect. Maybe she was my other half that I was too afraid to find.

I reach them and I could tell she was scared but also wanted to be brave. That made me like and respect her even more. " I believe the lady said let her go". He release Esther and push her to the side. "Some needs to mind their own business, but you were always the one who wanted to be a tough guy, just like dad, right?" It suddenly dawn on me this guy knew me.

"Do I know you?" "Hell yes you know me, we grew up together. We were practically inseparable our freshman year before your dad sent you to military school." "Chase?" "Yeah surprise it took you so long to recognize me". "Sorry man it has been awhile." "Yeah I know. Looks like you are still playing hero?" I look over to Esther and she had a unreadable expression on her face. She look up at me and smile, yeah I knew then that running away from her was going to be hard to do.