𝓟𝓡𝓞𝓛𝓞𝓖𝓤𝓔

~ ~
//𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮//

Ever feel like love is close?
Ever feel like it's just on the palm of your hand?
It is.

How or why?: you might ask.
How'd you know?: might be another question running through your brain.

Well it's because I can see it. I can see love.

Love. How can you see something that isn't visible to the eye?: you might wonder.

But I can.

3 year old Millie, curious and clueless, started seeing lights. Not ordinary lights, no, lights shining from everyone's palm lines. First, coming from my parents. Both with contrasting colours that seemed to fuel their hatred to each other. I thought nothing of it at first- people began to think I was just a hallucinating kid.

I wasn't.

The lights are there. They're clear and visible.

Doctors advised therapy, each one explaining it's a phase- a visual defect. They said it'd eventually wear off; 12 years later and the lights are still here.

Mum and dad split up later that year, deciding it was 'for the best'. I understood this, I was only 4 and after seeing the visible relation between the lights' colour and the relationship between the lovers; it wasn't a coincidence that Mum's new boyfriend , David, and her had the same deep blue light and both seemed perfectly fitted for each other.

That was when 4 year old Millie bobby Brown, now Harbour, made a life changing discovery.

I could see love.

No matter how many therapeutic sessions I attended, none provided us with a valid or more logical explanation than what I discovered.

No one knew. I couldn't tell anyone. Not even my mum. Not even my stepbrother, jack. All they know is that  money's being spent on a hallucinating 10 year old.

I'm not going there anymore. I don't see people anymore. I was just 11 when we moved to a town called Hawkins, Canada because we were unable to cope with being 'the family with the hallucinator for a daughter'.

The title stuck and now, my 15 year old, current self, is stuck in an enclosed town where all I can see are lights everywhere I turn.

I've always wished there were others like me, others who can see true love. But, years pass and still no one who matches the description. I always had hope; but age sure does crush hopes and dreams.

Making friends was never an easy task for a 'hallucinator'. I was teased, I was bullied.
Who'd want to be friends with the girl who saw lights in hands?

This is just how life goes. I never wanted this. It's just what I ended up with.

I want to be normal.
I need to be normal.

But I'm just not.