Happy birthday to you, I guess - Chapter 10

Alexis' POV

Tomorrow is Kaden's birthday. He is going to be 17. It's funny how he's a little bit less than a year older than me. His mother and I decided to plan a party for him. He likes video games, specifically Call of Duty and other games like that. So we are planning a Call of Duty game, where we invite a bunch of people over and we have laser guns that are practically harmless. His party is tomorrow as well, but it is a surprise. The only people who know are Charles, Chloe, Luna, Ashton, Kaden's parents, and myself. They already promised that they wouldn't tell, even Charles and Ashton are helping us take him here tomorrow when he is supposed to meet my friends and I at a pizza place. But being the extra self, I had to surprise my boyfriend. I smile to myself. I grab my phone and text the group chat.

Wanna go shop at the mall for tomorrow. Wanna pick me up.

A few minutes later I get a text back from Luna.

Sure, I already got Chloe. Otw.

I smile and pop my white vans on, paired with my white shorts and pink wavy top. I grab my purse and I hear a honk outside my house. I jump in excitement and run out of the door. I wave at them and hop in the back seat.

"Sorry, I called shotgun. Yes, I'm still a child." Chloe says and laughs. Putting her shoes up on the dashboard as Luna swipes them off. Chloe pouts. "Aw, fine." She crosses her hands over her chest and laughs.

"So, where do you want to go in the mall?" Luna asks while looking at me in my rear view mirror. I shrug and I hear a ping on my phone. I glance and it and I have a few snapchats on my phone. I swipe my phone's screen and open snapchat with my fingerprint. I open a snap from Austin, Kaden's friend. He's coming to the party tomorrow. I read the snaps he sends.

You know how Kaden dated that girl Sasha Doren?

Well, they broke up because she moved to London for a while and decided to stay.

Kaden wanted to marry Sasha. I feel a churn in my stomach; butterflies, jealously, and envy.

He fell in love with her and she fell in love with him.

She is back in town. She transferred, and she isn't over Kaden.

I was left shell shocked. I tell Chloe and Luna what the snapchats were about. They shrug a bit.

"Don't worry about it. Kaden loves you now, an-" Luna says as Chloe puts a hand over Luna's mouth.

"She doesn't have anything on you. She's probably not even pretty." Chloe says as Luna rolls her eyes and throws Chloe's hand off her mouth.

"I was gonna say that." Luna scoffs and parks in the mall's parking lot. We get out of the car and walk into the mall. We stop at Forever 21 to get a dress. Chloe and Luna throw three dresses at me before I even get to look at them, I'm shoved into a dressing room. I quickly change into the first outfit. It's a yellow sundress, I pout in the mirror and walk out to see Luna and Chloe poking each other's side. They pause and look at me as I laugh. Chloe throws her hands together and tucks her hands under her chin and smiles.

"Aw, that's cute." Chloe says as Luna shakes her head and throws me back into the dressing room. "Come on it was cute!" I hear Chloe saying and I hear Luna's scoff as I change again. I come out with a black dress barely above my thigh.

"It looked better on the manikin." Luna laughs a bit. "Sorry, try on the last dress." She shoves me into the dressing room again. I try on the last dress, it's a light maroon dress that goes barely above the knee. I smile in the mirror. My reflection is slim and shows my curves. My light brown wavy hair flows down my back and curls slightly at the end. My face glows in the light of the dressing room.

"Hurry up, we're getting bored out here." I hear Chloe's huff. I laugh and walk out. Chloe slaps a hand over her mouth in awe and falls into Luna's arms. Luna tosses Chloe off of her and Chloe flops onto the cough she is sitting on. I laugh more. "You're getting that." I nodded. We payed for the dress and left to go eat lunch and decided to spend the night together.

---

I wake up and smile. I look at both Chloe and Luna and I shake them awake.

"Five more minutes." Chloe says and then looks around. She blushes at the embarrassment. "I mean, what?" She laughs. I look at Luna and she is shaking her head. We wake up and decide to get breakfast. We walk down the stairs and prepare breakfast. Chloe sets the table, Luna makes pancakes on the stove, and I am cutting fruit. I lay plates of fruit on the table. Including: strawberries, pineapple, blueberries, and mangoes. Chloe smiles at the site. The smell of freshly baked breakfast flows in my nose. I smile and call Luna to the table. She is carrying the pancakes and sets them down along with the syrup and butter in front of them. We eat and head upstairs to change. I roll the light maroon dress over my figure and pull my hair from inside the dress. I reach behind me and zip it up halfway. I shake my hand at Luna and Luna comes behind me, I hold my hair in my hands, and she zips the other half of my dress up. I smile as I look at myself in the mirror.

"I'm so excited." I nod at them and sit in the ottoman in front of my bed. I let Chloe work her make up magic and Luna work on my hair. She curls it into wavy beach curls and nods in satisfaction. Chloe look at me and hands me a mirror. Chloe and Luna laugh at each other and cross their arms over their chests and smile at one another.

"We did a good job." Luna said smiling.

"I'm so proud." Chloe says wiping away a fake tear and then smiling at us with her white teeth. Luna is wearing a black slimming dress that goes barely below her knee, paired with black heels, and a few pieces of gold jewelry. Whereas Chloe wears a dim red dress with white heels and silver jewelry. Both of their hairdos are straight with curls at the end and we all have semi-neutral eye shadow on. We check the time and we are supposed to get there in an hour. We head out of the door, just so we can be there early. I drive and it takes about fifteen minutes to arrive. I smile and rush out of the car and into the place where it's being held. There are many rooms for hiding and laser guns set on tables. Along with fake splatters of blood and fake dead bodies laying around. I smile at see Mrs. Amber and I rush up to her for a hug. She hugs back.

"Hello, Alexis!" She smiles at me. "I invited one of Kaden's old friends, Sasha Doren. I'm sure you've heard about her." I laugh at her and nod. "Good, Kaden will be happy to see her." She must not know what chemistry they had. I shrug at the thought.

---

The sooner we know, it's time and Kaden comes in. His face flashes with excitement and surprise as Kaden's blindfold is taken out. He runs over and hugs me and his mother.

"You two are the best." He mutters into my shoulder. I smile.

"It wasn't only us." Mrs. Amber says and smiles gesturing to the people around the room.

---

"There really aren't any rules, there are five minutes to go and get supplies and explore." Mr. Amber says and goes to sit down beside his wife. I smile at their bliss.

I rush around and I see Kaden go into a room, shortly after I see Sasha sneak into the same room. I roll my eyes and peep into that room and shoot a laser at both at them. I can't believe what I saw. Kaden's arms wrapped around Sasha's waist, their faces together, kissing. I feel like the moment is slow and very painful to watch. Tears start falling down my cheeks. Kaden look up at me and his eyes shuffle between Sasha and I. He instantly jerks up and I begin to run to my car. I run out of the place and into the parking lot. Into my car, locking my doors, and seeing Kaden run towards the car. I begin to reverse and leave, not looking back.

___

Did you expect this, thoughts? What do you think happened? I hope you all enjoyed this, I think this story is coming to a close, but I am thinking about making a sequel. I'm so excited for this book, please read my new book Royals. Love you all. Remember to vote!

xoxo C

(Wordcount:1556)