The Journey Ahead

As the morning drew near and the sun begins to rise, the bar master of My Sweet Gluttony had taken his first steps outside in what seems like forever. As long as the sun rises, his power will grow and from there it begins. Physically, Escanor's body began growing from small, skinny and whimpy, to a bit more full and toned but there was something else the sun affects as well; his tone. From shy and pessimistic, as his power surges, he begins getting more confident and optimistic.

Sitting outside dressed in his uniform, he admired the beautiful blazing sun as she slowly rose from behind the mountains. The golden rays shone brightly  warming the surface of his skin as his body continuously grew. No longer was he weak and whimpy, he was now prideful and cocky and with a very muscular body. He had gotten up once more and rose to his feet and managed the pick up Rhitta with ease one handed, a testament of his strength considering no one can easily lift Rhitta with two hands.

And with the sun over his head and thoughts of Merlin etched into his mind, he made his way north-westerly, the direction of Liones.
What would she say to him? What would he say to her? Would she even acknowledge him? Is she still grieving..? Will he be able to look at her without wanting to just take her in his arms and apologize for not being strong enough to protect him..? He didn't let it Phase him but he couldn't deny that it was in his thoughts.

It was at the peek of noon where the sun was at its highest did his body grotesquely transformed, bulging muscles larger than normal plastered his body along with an evergrowing pride. He had just arrived in the Kingdom and walked down the cobblestone roads. Where else would his comrades be besides the Boar Hat Tavern?
A relaxed and easy going king approached him after spotting the large oranges haired Sin. "King, as small as ever I see. Have you seen the other around?"
King as usual, laid on top of his pillow formed chastiefol calmly floating around. Lazily, he replied. "They're all at the tavern. I'm just heading to town to get Diane a gift is all. It is good to see you Escanor."
"It's so EASY to see you, king." He said with prideful chuckle. He wasn't far again from the tavern but he was very eager to Merlin so with haste and larger steps he strides to the Boar Hat.

Surprisingly, Diane wasn't outside. Perhaps his beloved sun, Merlin had given her the pills to shrink her size. It would be nice to meet everyone under one roof again. He raised his fist to knock on the door but halted and instead entered instead without warning. Welcoming, surprised faces of his comrades greeted him which in turn made him grin. Everyone.. besides her seemed to be having a good time. After greeting most of them a sense of nervousness rattled down his spine, being indoors once more shrunk his body a bit as well as the fact that his powers were very slowly diminishing he approached the beautiful brunette sitting alone in the corner with a mug in her hand.
"Merlin..it is good to see you.. h-how have you been?" He said softly still just about a few feet away from her.

Merlin had not replied to him, she instead looked at him briefly with a face of sadness and walked out of the tavern. What was wrong with him... why was it that he.. he was so repulsive to the one he loved.. he tried not to stop her and bowed his head in shame. The tavern grew quiet but his friend Hawk, approached him.
"Ever since the war ended, she barely speaks unless she needs to.. she's colder than usual.. she's changed. She still mourns for Arthur."

"I figured as much.. perhaps it was a mistake for me to be here.. do you think.. i should talk to her?.." he said with a shaky voice looking down at the talking pig
"Give her some space.. then talk to her. She barely even talks to the Captain these days." Hawk told him but all Escanor could do was hold his head down and fight the tears from forming. Now with a hurt pride and the night crawling nearer, Escanor shrinks once more to his wimpy,  shy self.

Merlin was walking through the roads of the kingdom of Liones thinking about everything. The man who she loved unconditionally, promised to show her a world like never before.. and although young, His pleasantly warm smile and kindheartedness to her, Merlin felt something she hasn't felt before in years. She felt happy, joy, content, peace and hope.. there wasn't many like Arthur and he would be dearly missed.. but even Merlin was confused about something.. why would someone like him treat her so beautifully even after she treated him coldly.

Lost in her own thoughts she remembers the  day Escanor showed her his poetry for her. The beautiful words flattered her and she would soon find her face flushed at the thought of his sweet actions and gestures. Since they met, Escanor has always been that way to her. Perhaps his kindness towards her reminded her of Arthur but for that one moment where she was deep in thought, she felt a sense of hope and happiness. She had forgotten about the sadness she felt in her heart.

What is this feeling in the pit of her stomach?.. and why was her mind running on him? To say she was confused would be an understatement but for now, she would return back to the tavern. She sighed and closed her eyes before casting her spell. "Shunkan Ido." Instantly teleporting back to the tavern, she entered in with her usual knowing smirk heading back to the corner she previously was. Seeing as how Escanor still sat there she spoke. "Escanor. I need to run some experiments on you, Guinea pig. Meet me upstairs in the study before the rise of the sun." Naturally, Escanor agreed to happily serve the one his heart belonged to. It was only a matter of time til their meet.