Hatred Soils The Heart

The first to run up the stairs to her was Meliodas and Elizabeth. Escanor was frozen solid with fear and panicked and he couldn't move his legs. It was as if everything went so silent that the ringing one would normally hear became deafening and loud drowning out all other sound including the shouts of the voices of his friend Ban.
"Escanor. ESCANOR! GET YOUR ASS UP THERE!" He shouted at him but it was only when he struck the side of his face with a powerful smack to the side of his face. Ban's hand like a whip cocking back and ultimately snaps bringing his palm and fingers in contact with his cheek.
It was at this moment did Escanor came back to reality and only felt the after sting of the hit. He gasped and shouted her name and ran up the stairs quick fast and In a hurry.

Bursting through the door he found Meliodas standing at the foot of the bed and Elizabeth next to Merlin trying to comfort her some way or the other but he found his woman there.. knees to her chest hugging herself crying and shaking.
The pain was excruciating and it was way worse then when he saw her cry over Arthur.. and perhaps it was selfish of him but he thought his days with him was over.. he's been dead for two years... could it just be an agonizing nightmare?.. he surely would hope so but soon after barely making a step forward, he was shoved in by force deeper when The others came hurling through the door.
He stumbled a little bit but when he got his footing, he made his way closer to her, hand outstretched reaching to touch her but he was terrified for some unknown reason.

Sadly, before he was able to speak, she stated something Escanor and Elizabeth didn't wish to hear.
Something that would only scream trouble for everyone but Escanor can only be angered by this statement.
"I have to go... I have to go to Camelot... Arthur.. he's alive and he's in troub-"
"That's enough..Merlin.. Arthur is dead.. he's go-"
"He's not dead! He-"
"HE IS DEAD MERLIN! Stop..this..nonsense please.. I can't lose you to him again.."
She stayed quiet.. and stared at him with puffy eyes
"That is not for you to decide Escanor.. you can not stop me from going.. and that's that." She said sternly. Finally.. this was the Merlin he knew but his heart sank as he looked at her getting out of bed and walking away from him.

The door was slammed shut causing the ladies and Escanor to wince. He pain on his face was unreal but he couldn't do anything about it but to follow her. It felt embarrassing to walk out of the room after that.. but he endured it and followed her anyways staying far behind her.
It wasn't like she could just teleport there despite her spell, there's limits to it so her only choice was to travel there by foot for now. Escanor's mind was focused on a future that would no longer exist with her and him together as long as Arthur was in the picture and if what she said was true, he would slay Arthur the moment that he sees him.
Merlin however, was the opposite. There was not a doubt in her mind that she had to save him but.. would she go back to him once again? Begin their love and journey together anew? Would she leave Escanor after everything? But would that be worth it? Would she chose the one that loved her unconditionally? Or the one SHE loved unconditionally? It was all so confusing.. complicated. It wasn't an easy decision to make.

This also brought up other questions. how would it be possible for Arthur to be alive still?.. and who would haunt him now?..
The travels to Camelot were uneventful, filled with nothing but the occasional glimpse to make sure that she was still there ahead of him, not like she'd go anywhere else but Camelot anyways.
Something was different about Camelot though.. even with the death of a King a kingdom will find new leaders and carry on but.. it was as if it were a ghost town now. There was nothing and no one insight.. the buildings, homes and castles were covered in moss and growing vines, surely this was not done within a few weeks, it was right after the war..the only thing could be heard were the ghastly sounds of the breeze blowing through empty houses and streets creating a bone chilling whistle.

He continued to pace behind Merlin but lost her through the unfamiliar streets and corners. If his guess was right. She would've made her way to the castle so that's where he decided to go.

"Merlin?.. he's here.. I think I'm safe from him for now but he's here and he's looking for me.. it's C- MMM! MMMM!!" The voice of Arthur echoes in her head which cause adrenaline to course through her veins. Her body just sprung into action running aimlessly toward the castle. Even the castle was dreadfully ghastly.
"Arthur? Just stay right there I'm coming to get you!"
"You better Hurry up Merlin... I'm getting hungry and his soul looks rather tasty. Hoohahahahahahaha!" A sadistic demonic bi toned voice spoke and menacingly laughed.
Merlin ran through the halls towards the throne room but upon entering the room, her blood boiled at the familiar face. She knew it all to well.

(OKAY I know it's a short chapter but I've been deathly busy this week please forgive me)
Update. AITE A NIGGIE GON CONTINUE THIS BOOK
ILL START A NEE CHAPTER TONIGHT SND IT SHOULD BE UP BEFORE THURSDAY.