Acceptance

Castellio was finally man enough to hold her in his arms to comfort her. She sobbed into his scrawny chest unceasingly as her hands clutches his shirt. Even though she could not see it properly, she stared into the dim candle light as if it would burn her pain away and comfort her. Her eyelids forced the tears out of her eyes and fell upon his shirt which smelt a bit of cologne and his own body's scent. Deriving some sort of comfort from this, she patiently waited till she calmed down and found the comfort she so desperately seek buried in his chest. Of course this was not very normal for her.. this very.... human thing was rather a weird thing for her as it was furthest from her personality. A slight ringing could be heard gradually growing louder from the dead silence in the bar and the only noises to break it, were her breathing and sobs. My oh my how precious this moment was. Even in the silence spoke things to Escanor that he's never heard before and even for her too.

He stood there, simply stroking her hair and holding her in his hands. The place she was always suppose to be. Whilst his left arm wrapped around her as tightly as his weak self can be, his other hand moved from atop her head from caressing to soft beautiful brunette locks to her cheek. His hand rested perfectly on her left cheek drying her tears as they formed. His thumb rubbing away the droplets of pent up anger and sorrow as they formed and the man who was considered even weaker than hawk at night, was now being strong for the love of his life, the girl who accepted him completely when he was both monster and angel despite his body or awkwardness, his guiding light and his sun, Merlin.

Soon the arm around her would cup her other cheek and with little force he would raise her gorgeous and flawless face to look up at his less than average smug. Her porcelain skin glowed a slight yellow color from the lamp but even as she cried so was so breathtakingly beautiful. His eyes closed slowly and he leaned forward placing a tender, loving kiss upon her forehead. It was a long kiss indeed but her eyes seemed to open up more, shocked but happy he kissed her. The tears flowed more but they were tears of happiness that even in this dark time, someone held onto her. The sin of Gluttony raised her arms up and wrapped it around his neck soaking in all the comfort she could've possibly extract from him and it was only natural for him to return such an embrace. His heart wasn't racing, he didn't feel liked he'd explode into a million happy bits. He simply releases a sigh of content that he no longer had to hold in his unrequited feelings for her and that she'd accept it, even if they weren't returned.

"Escanor... thank you.. for being here for me.. it's means a lot.. I-I.. I.." then suddenly the male's index was pressed to her lips with a soft smile casted upon his smug.
"Shh.. it is okay. You don't have to say it.. My Merlin. Shall we go? I think everyone heard what I said and they are probably awaiting me in a casket." He said and chuckled slowly moving away from her side temporarily.
He walked a few steps and stopped at the door before turning his head to look at her.
All he did was held out his hand for her to take when she was ready but thankfully he didn't have to wait long, for when his hand was outstretched, she immediately moved to his side. They were not a couple, or.. maybe they were not an OFFICIAL couple, but the duo clutched their hands together and intertwined their fingers together staring into eachothers eyes briefly. After which Merlin placed a kiss upon his cheek which made his face warm and flushed while a shiver traversed down his spine. They both chuckled and walked out together standing atop the staircase arm in arm.

The looks on their faces.... to say it was priceless was a complete understatement. Everyone's reaction was more or less the same, with Ofcourse them being terribly shocked and dumbfounded at the sight but their actions were all different. Ban laughed and showed him a thumbs up while Elaine's eyes lit up, Diane's beautiful big eyes glimmered with her hands clasped together like she was swooning. Fucking lazy ass King just sat there yawning and so on but out of all, the funniest reaction award went to gowther who's skin turned pale and kept taking his glasses off and wiping it to make sure he saw properly. Meliodas was casually drinking a mug of Ale while Elizabeth was grinning and brought over two mugs of Ale for the couple and thus-forth, the 'party' kept going on. The boar hat returned to its loud and noisy state just now, it's turned into more a celebration of sorts.
Typical, the men kept stealing the weakling away everytime he tried to speak to Merlin and the girls did the same with her. Even in the noise and blissful chaos of their friends, they kept smiling at eachother and socialized with the respective groups.
Merlin was now happy, and so was Escanor. She now realizes that she isn't alone and he now knows that she accepted his feelings unlike the nightmare gowther gave him back from the war.. but.. is that it? Are they just good friends? Will they stay that way? Or did she see him as more?. Perhaps.. we can leave it until next time.

Okay I tried hardcore for this, I had free time today, I'm sorry if it isn't as good as the chapters before.
With love,
Me.