Back-Stab

"Y/N?" he asked.

"B/N!" I exclaimed. I walked closer to him. He was the same, taller and stronger. But he was wearing a bright red coat. "Why are you wearing that?" I asked, backing up.

"When the British took over the ship, they weren't raiding us. I had told them we were on the ship so that they would train you to fight for them. I was a British spy." he explained, walking closer to me. 

"Wait." I said, backing up. "We moved to America right as the war started to break out. You were fighting in battles almost immediately. We're you a spy all along?" I asked. 

He nodded.

"By order of the King himself. But I don't care. I missed you too much. I hope you can forgive me." He went to hug me and I let out a yell.

"Bastard!" I screamed, pointing my gun at him. "You betrayed me! You betrayed our family! You betrayed our friends! You betrayed the only people that stayed by my side!" I shot the gun, hitting him in the arm. He screamed and charged at me. I ran out and locked the door behind me. I heard him banging on the door and shouting. Shots were fired and bullets ripped through the door. I ran away towards the fort's exit. A shot rang out and a bullet jumped between my feet. I screamed and fell to the ground. He walked over to me and stood over me.

"You could've been our greatest weapon. Now, you're just a disappointment, as you will always be." He aimed the gun in between my eyes and I heard the trigger click.

"No!" a voice yelled. A prisoner who lagged behind barreled at B/N and tackled him to the ground. I finally took notice of what happened outside. I saw redcoats marching in lines towards the bay. Patriots were surrounding them. I heard a faint chant of the same phrase over and over again.

"The world turned upside down!" Everyone was singing and chanting and cheering. I listened and heard a cheer unlike the rest.

"Freedom for America! Freedom for France!" 

I sighed. Lafayette was alive.

"Gotta start a new nation! Gotta meet my son!"

I chuckled. Alexander was fine.

"We won!" 

A tear escaped my eye. Hercules survived.

"We won! We won! We won!"

I started to cry. All of my friends were alive. The prisoner extended his hand and helped me up. My brother was bound at the wrists and ankles and lying on the ground. I bent down next to his ear.

"Do you know how long I've been looking for...something to say. Something to say. But guess what. Words fail. Words fail." I sniffed. He looked up and opened his mouth. I held up my hand. "Don't try apologizing for what you did. Don't try defending yourself. As I just said, words fail. (For those Dear Evan Hansen fans out there.) The prisoner got him off the ground and pushed him towards the fort's exit.

"Y/N! Mon amie!" Laff cried out. I turned around and saw my friends standing in a group in the field where the battle took place. I ran to them at full speed and they all ran to meet me. I opened my arms wide and they hugged me tightly. I started sobbing happy tears. I felt Hercules' arms wrap around me and squeeze the breath out of me. I felt all of their arms soon go around me.

I wouldn't be anywhere else.