27. An Answer

Persephone's mind ground slowly into gear as she felt over his words. It was hard to think with the aftershocks of pleasure still buzzing in her veins. Marry him? A man who had been so cruel to her, yet claimed only to love her. That all of her pain was of her own doing, that only if she obeyed him. She believed him when he said he would never hurt her unless she made him. He was only trying to protect her. He was not to be feared as she first thought. Now, as she lay cradled in his arms, she felt safe, as if this was where she should be. What he had done made her see all of this as true. Why, he was her protector and in return she was his source of sustenance. Together they completed each other. It had taken his biting her, showing her how wonderful being with him could be for her to realize this.

All of this being said, could she marry him? Did she love him?

This was all very soon, they had met but maybe a week before, but it seemed as if he knew her inside and out. And that is what she wanted in a marriage wasn't it? Understanding, trust, protection. She knew she did not quite love this man before her, it was much too soon for words as strong as that. Yet, she did feel a desire, a pull, to always be at his side and never leave. That had to mean something.

Didn't it?

Persephone pulled back, taking her face from the protecting of his neck, allowing him to see the uncertainty on her face. Opening her mouth, her tongue felt like it was surrounded by cotton balls as spoke.

"I will marry you, but I do have one request for before we are wed."

Light lit up Alastair's eyes as he gently caressed her cheek, "Of course, my darling, anything you wish for in the entire world, it is yours."

Persephone looked down, twisting her fingers together in her lap, "I want to see my mother, I want to tell her I am safe, I want her to be at the wedding. I can't imagine getting married without my mother present."

Alastair smiled, drawing her chin up with his fingers so she looked him in the eyes, "Of course, you shall have the day together tomorrow and I will come for you in the evening. You may do whatever you wish together, but just remember," his gaze turned sharp now, "If you so much as think about leaving me, picking up and leaving. Just know that I will up turn every stone on this earth, search through every alleyway, and swim every river to find you and bring you back to me."

A small flame of fear appeared at the pit of Persephone's stomach, licking at her insides as a real fire would, reminding her, no matter how he made her feel, that he was a dangerous man. She nodded a quick affirmation, doe eyes wide as saucers.

"Yes, sir."

Alastair's dark eyes melted to a gentler tone, "Now, how about I show you what I meant by pleasure without my teeth being in you before you leave tomorrow morning. To remind you just who you belong to."

Alastair bore a wicked grin as the girl's eyes grew impossibly wider, scooping her into his arms, he trapzed through the halls towards their bedchambers.

A/n: Ya'll want a raunchy scene or ya want me to skip to the next morning?