Prompt #2

Prompt: Maybe a He's My Dork prompt where Collie and Misha have twins (hehe), and they're helping them get ready for their first day of school, and Collie has to reassure Misha that they'll be okay? idk, I thought this would be cute >w <

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                “Daddy!”

                “Daddy!”

                The little voices had me turning. Two identical little boys ran out into the living room and stopped in front of me.

                “What?” I asked them.

                “Come help us pick clothes for school!” Julian said, grabbing my hand and trying to tug me off of the couch.

                “Yea, come help us dad!” Jonas said, grabbing my other hand.

                “Alright, alright,” I said, standing up. “Misha! Hey, Misha! The kids need our help!”

                Misha hurried out. “What? I was making their lunches,” Misha said, looking worriedly at the clock.

                “Misha, they have another hour before we have to leave,” I said, laughing. “They’re not going to be late. Now, come help us.”

                Misha and I, ironically enough, had twin boys. Their first day of school started in an hour, and Misha was panicking about it.

                He was 38, and I was 35. Our sons were 5 years old, starting Kindergarten today. Misha was afraid that they would get lost in the school, or wouldn’t like their teacher, or wouldn’t make friends. He was afraid that anything that could go wrong, would go wrong.

                Still, he followed me and the twins upstairs and into the bedroom they shared. Julian bounded over, pulling open their clothes drawer.

                “Well? Help me dress them. You know I’m terrible at matching clothes,” I said to Misha.

                “Are you guys worried at all?” Misha asked, kneeling down and digging through their clothes.

                “No,” they said together.

                Misha stood up with shirts and pants. “Here,” he said, handing a set to Julian, and the other set of clothes to Jonas.

                “Thanks daddy!” they said.

                Misha moved next to me as they began to dress themselves. He slipped an arm around my waist, concern in his eyes.

                “Misha, they’ll be fine,” I said.

                “What if they’re not fine, Collie? You know they don’t like to be separated,” Misha said, chewing his lips nervously.

                “Colin and I didn’t like to be separated. Hell, Colin hated being separated from me. But he still managed to make a ton of friends, and I didn’t do too bad myself,” I said.

                “Jonas is so shy. What if kids pick on him?” Misha said.

                “I was shy,” I said.

                “And people picked on you!” Misha said and groaned. “This is going to go so wrong. Can’t we keep them home another year?”