CHAPTER 24: IT WAS ME

At the court
Lawyer 1 : Xiah Junho
Lawyer 2: Kim Y/N
Judge : Kim Yunho

Lawyer 1: We have a matter lined up for the rape and kill case.
Judge: Yes go ahead. Present your case.
Lawyer 1: My client has been accused of rape and kill a girl . But he has been wrongly accused. He is innocent.
Judge: Well that I will decide that. To arrive at an impartial judgment, I need to hear facts of the case from both the parties.
Lawyer 1: Sure. But before we proceed I would like to request you to move the date for the hearing to next week as I have another case.
Judge: For that you need to submit a written request to me and to the opponent's lawyer.
Lawyer 1: Sure my lord. I have already dispatched one copy to the concerned entity.
Judge: After receiving the approval from the plaintiff's lawyer I will be decide upon the next date of hearing.
Lawyer 1: Thank you my lord for your consideration.
Judge: Does the plaintiff's lawyer have something to say on the behalf of her client?
Lawyer 2: Yes my lord. My client are being harassed by inappropriate charges while he is playing video games at the cyber cafe. He was also physically attacked by strangers as he placed the victim's property in front of the victim's house without him
entered the victim's house.
Lawyer 1: I object my lord. He deliberately gave a reason to send the victim's goods to her home while he was really raping and killing the victim.
Lawyer 2: He just send the goods that left at cyber cafe for the sake of someone who call him ask to send it to her home. He just put the goods outside the victim's house and he was seriously accused for rape and killed that girl? Isn't that shockingly astonishing?
Lawyer 1: He' absolutely rape and killed that girl!
Lawyer 2: Oh please! Your client is an unruly man and he belongs in prison.
Judge: Order! Order! Both the lawyers settle down and maintain the decorum of court. I would hear arguments from both the sides in next hearing. By that time court is adjourned.

Y/N's POV
"By that time court is adjourned."
Once i heard that i sigh and slammed my fist at the table. Fortunately the judge already exit the court.
Mr Kang approach me. "Y/N.. control yourself." I exhaled and inhale.
I approach my client which the one who accused for rape and killed a young girl.
"Ji wook.. i know you are innocent. Keep on praying and confident. I will help you out from the prison as soon as possible."
He nodded. The police take away him .
Mr kang follow me to exit the court.

—time skipped—-

Jennie's POV
i woke up from my bed. Wait a minute. My bed? How come im here?
I try to recall what happen last night.
A man put my head on his chest.
He pull me tight on his arm.
Then i closed my eyes.
My door opened.
"Jendeuki yaa ! You awake?"
I just look at Jisoo blankly.
She touch my forehead.
"Fortunately you are not have a fever. Someone handsome send you back home. Its not Jerry."
My eyes widened . "Wha-what his name?"
"Gosh i forgot to ask him. But he's my type." She chuckled.
I sigh.
"You know what jennie? He carry you a bridal style. I show him your room. He gently laid you at your bed carefully. He brush away your hair that block your face and say "its been a long time.""
With that jisoo pat my head and left me dumfounded thinking who is he actually.
Is it Kim Y/N? I just shrugged it.
I hope its not him. Cause i hate him very much.

Y/N's POV
"Mr Y/N.. stop taking your pills."
"It helps me to fall asleep Mr Kang."
He just sigh.
"Im gonna to sleep first Mr Kang. See you tomorrow."
He nodded.
"I take my leave first."
I just make 👌🏻 sign.
I stare at ceiling.
I wonder why Jennie cried last night.
I saw her exit the apartment building.
She run and sob.
It was raining but she still standing under non roof stand.
I wore the face mask and approach her. I spread the umbrella and cover her head.
I didnt say anything.
I just pull her closer to me.
I put her head on my chest.
I want her to know my heart beat only for her.
I survived because of her.
She just let me do it although she felt tense at the beginning.
But later she closed her eyes.
I heard her snoring.
I chuckled. I carry her to my car.
I put her at the back seat.
I lay her gently there and I drive to her dorm.
Yeah i know her dorm. Well im a secret agent right? I knew most of Seoul.
Once i arrived at their dorm. I pressed the bell button.
I think it was Jisoo the one who welcomed me.
She's beautiful. But Jennie is the most beautiful in my heart.
She showed me jEnnie's room.
I lay her gently at jennie's bed.
I brush jennie's hair from blocking her beautiful face.
I sigh . "Its been a long time."
I bid goodbye to Jisoo and walked away.
I walk to my car.
Once i hopped in my car. I take out our childhood photo together from the dashboard.
I always love her.
But..
I was too afraid for letting her know it was me.
I was still afraid.
I was still coward.
I am not coward facing enemy.
But im still coward facing Jennie Kim.
I have no courage to explain her anything.
Cause i know she never care and love me from start.