Partners?

After a few days Shira finally let me out but Zen wanted to discuss something with me before I left. So I was in his office right now with Obi, Kiki, and Mitsuhide.

"Why am I here?" Looking at all of them skeptically.

"I wanted to offer you something before you left the castle." I raised a brow at him. What could he want to offer an assassin

"Go on." I motioned for him to continue.

"Do you want to stay in the castle and be my aide?"I raised a brow and titled my head looking at him like he was crazy.

"Why do I qualify for such a position?"

"Well your strong if you didn't have that injury or if you chose to hurt us then you probably would have been able to leave a while ago.You have amazing analytical skills. You are an amazing fighter."

Of course I though about the pros and cons to this.

I could go back to my normal everyday life killing and hunting or I could be the prince's aide and move away from my life of crime.I could get attached more than I already am but then again would it be that bad?I thought about it for a few more seconds.

"Okay.I'll do it thinking about it for a bit it wouldn't be so bad."I walked over to him and put out my hand.

"Seems like I'm going to be working with all of you."Zen smirked as he grabbed my hand to shake.

"You and Obi are going to be partners."I wave of deja vu and I shook hands with Obi. I didn't know why.

"You skills aren't bad.I don't mind although I usually do go solo."He grinned and tightened his grip slightly.

"Same here." His grin was unsettling but so alluring.

"Well got anything for us to do Zen?"

"Patrol the area and report if anything suspicious is going on."We nodded and I immediately said

"I call outside!"He looked at me shocked.

" Eh!No fair!"We sprinted outside.

The others watched the two and Zen decided to be the first one to open his mouth about it.

"They seem to be getting along better than expected." Kiki added to his statement looking at the door where they left.

"Almost like they know each other." Mitsuhide being the oblivious romantic he was thought about in a friendly aspect.

"They probably worked together but forgot for some reason." Zen added and Kiki nodded in agreement also vocalizing her agreement.

"That is something you find in a book."They all thought the same thing why did they seem to know each other?

"Don't they seem like a cute couple?"Zen said and Kiki nodded once again.

"You aren't wrong."

"Guys they literally just met a few days ago."Kiki shrugged and spoke up once again.

"Doesn't mean they won't end up together."Everyone went back to what they were doing before and they didn't touch on the subject...not out loud at least.