vi || sure?

Herbology.

One of James's least favorite classes, spent sitting by one of his least favorite people.

The oh so smart and irritating Annabella White.

They weren't doing any hands on work today. Today, they were writing on what they did last class. One and a half feet of parchment was due by the next time they had class. James glanced over at Annabella's parchment and noticed she already had a good bit written. He looked back at his own to see his one measly sentence looking back at him.

James groaned and lifted his quill, getting ready to place it down on the paper and scribble out another sentence.

The thing is, James knew what they did last class, and he knew why. What he didn't know, was how to write it down and make it long enough to cover the essay requirements.

He set his quill down, frustrated. "I'll finish it later," he mumbled to himself.

From the corner of his eye, he could see that Annabella's gaze was now on him, questioning. He sighed.

"Yeah? What do you want?" He muttered.

Annabella hesitantly opened her mouth, but then closed it again as if she wasn't sure if she wanted to go through with what she was about to say.

"I haven't got all day, what is it?" James snapped, and she flinched. Immediately, James regretted his tone. "I'm sorry," he apologized. "I'm just right frustrated."

Annabella nodded. "I was just wondering—you know, since we're partners and all—if maybe you wanted to work on the paper later? It seems as if you're a bit frustrated, and I could use some more ideas on mine, so maybe we could figure out together?" She rambled nervously.

James's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Oh, okay. Sure?" He questioned, wondering if her proposition was actually legitimate.

She nodded, and hesitated as if she was going to say something else, before turning back to her own paper.

Suddenly, James had an idea. Smirking, he said Annabella's name. "I have one condition though. I'll agree to work with you on the paper, if you let me call you Bella?"

Annabella sighed, and smiled slightly. "Sure, I suppose you can call me Bella."

James beamed triumphantly.

~~~

Annabella waited anxiously at the top of the Astronomy Tower with her books sitting next to her. She wasn't sure what compelled her to ask James to study with her and work on the paper, but she did. And then she had gone as far to let him call her Bella.

Maybe she did that because she hadn't been feeling herself lately. Or maybe it's because of how lonely she's been.

Olivia and Natalie were always off with each other, which was fine. They were dating after all. But they were also Annabella's only close friends, except for Tommy. But even Tommy had his guy friends he was always hanging out with, and that left her with no one.

And it was her fault, it really was. Her parents always did tell her she was too annoying and brash, and although she never really saw herself as that way—at least as brash—others must, or they wouldn't constantly tell her that.

Annabella sighed, and bit her lip anxiously. Maybe James wasn't going to show.

He was already late, she realized. But maybe it wasn't late. Perhaps he just wasn't going to show. Annabella decided it was the latter, and quickly gathered her things to leave the tower.