Chapter 17

I hear a knock on my door. 

"Alexa, I'm sorry but you're going to have to get up soon." I hear my Dad calling from the hallway.

I groan when I see that the time is 9am.

"Why?" I ask him, my eyes still closed.

"We have to go down to the venue soon and we can't be late." My Dad replies. His voice trails off which lets me know that he has gone downstairs. Being very confused and barely awake I drag myself out of bed and walk to the top of the stairs.

"What venue?" I ask, my voice rough. He hasn't mentioned anything about going to a venue for anything to me, but then again I guess we've barely spoken so he hasn't had the chance to.

"There's a small venue about half an hour away from here where the boys are booked to play tonight." Dad replies from the kitchen.

"So?" I question him.

"What do you mean so?"

"So why do I have to go?" I ask, still annoyed that I am not asleep in my bed right now.

"I'm not leaving you here alone." My Dad replies, his words almost turning into a laugh.

"Why not?" I huff, resourcing to sitting down at the top of the stairs.

"Aly, you've been here, what, a week? Do you really think I'm a bad enough parent to leave you here by yourself?" My heart drops a little when he says that. Mum would never say that.

"Fine I'll come." I give in. "But I don't want to."

"We're leaving in half an hour." He tells me.

I pick myself up from the stairs and walk back into my room, slamming the door shut harder than I intended. Great, if it wasn't enough that I'm being woken up this early on a weekend the reason behind it is to spend the whole day with the band.

I plug my phone into my docking station and put it on shuffle. 'Your Body Is A Wonderland' by John Mayer comes on which actually has a good affect on my mood.

I go into my bathroom and brush my teeth. I then walk over to my wardrobe and pick out my usual black skinny jeans and tank tee combo. The tank tee is plain black so I decide to wear a red flannel shirt around my waist and a fedora hat to make it look a bit less boring. I leave my hair in it's natural waves apart from straightening over the few tiny strands of hair that flick out. I apply my usual routine of make up, foundation, blusher, mascara and winged eyeliner and I top that off with a nude lip gloss. 

I look at the time and it is 9:25am. I check my phone although I don't know why I actually bother anymore. Of course I see that there are no new messages or missed calls, I should've known.

I grab my phone and my earphones and shove them in one of the small pockets in my skinny jeans and I make my way downstairs.

I slip my black and white vans on and I stand at the front door waiting for my Dad. Dad sees me from the kitchen and gets up off from one of the breakfast bar stools, shuts his laptop off and comes over to the front door to put his shoes on too. 

Once he gets his shoes on we go to the car and I instantly regret getting in the front as I feel the pressure to make conversation now when I don't want to.

I'm still not used to this big, flash car. I'm used to Dad driving his old run down car that he had when he lived at home.

I keep my earphones in the whole journey and only take them out to ask for a vanilla latte when we get to Starbucks.

We get to the venue and I see Ashton's little silver car parked up but the boys are nowhere to be seen.

"Where are they?" I ask my Dad.