Chapter 18

"Dad, I'm so bored." I complain to my Dad. I've been sat by myself for the past hour waiting to go and watch the bands set tonight and there is only so much flappy bird a person can take.

"I got you some food, didn't I?" He points out. He got me a panini, blueberry muffin and a cool lime refresher from Starbucks.

"Yeah and it was nice but food isn't entertaining." I huff.

"I think the guys would disagree with you on that one." Dad chuckles.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"One of them found a banana and drew a face on it, it's been entertaining them all day." I try to hide the urge to giggle.

"Anyway, it's show time soon." Dad says.

"Thank god." I blurt out which earns a stare from my Father. "I mean.. anything has got to be better than this." I try to save myself and not make it out like I am at all excited for this show, although part of me is very.

"Right." Dad says not convinced. "I'll just go and check everything is in order then." He gets up and walks out the door, leaving me alone once more.

I look at my phone, wishing that a text from Mum or Eva would pop up. I've pretty much accepted that Mum won't be allowed to make contact with anyone from where she is but Eva has no excuse, I thought she was my best friend.

I hear some loud voices outside and my Dad pops his head round the door to tell me to come with him.

I walk behind Dad and the band as they make their way backstage and Dad walks over to give the band what I assume to be a little pep talk and Ashton looks over at me a couple of times, making my heart flutter.

I can't deny that I am feeling very excited now. My heart is starting to thump, I just want to hear them play. I don't even know what genre of music they play.

As I am lost in my thoughts the lights in the arena go down and an overwhelming roar from the crowd takes over. I feel chills run through my body.

Ashton turns around to smile at me and raises his eyebrows as if to say "show time" and then walks on stage. The crowd goes absolutely mental. Ashton holds up his drumsticks as he walks over to his drum kit and then sits down and starts playing.

That's when the rest of the band walk on. Calum first, followed by Luke and then Michael.

I was starting to realize that I may of underestimated how big this band was but I am stunned. There is an undeniable buzz running all through my body.

Half way through their first song I feel a tap on my shoulder.

"Not so bad are they?" My Dad asks, smirking. It is only then that I realize that I was just stood with my eyes practically popping out of my head and my jaw hanging open.

I look through a gap between a curtain and a wall and look at the crowd. The place is filled, there's not an empty seat in sight. The people on the floor are actually so desperately trying to get to the front that people are being crushed and are being had to get pulled out by security. One girl has even already fainted.

I can't believe how good their music is, I actually wish that I was in the crowd. Their sound is like All Time Low meets Blink 182 but with their own modern twist to it, and I absolutely love it.

Luke and Michael rock out hard on their guitars and jump in sync with Calum a couple of times. I look over at Ashton and I have honestly never found him more attractive.

He is so into what he is doing. His head is banging to the beat, making his curly hair flop about over his bandana. He is slightly sweaty and his arms are pounding so hard on the drums it makes me realize how muscular he actually is. When I really listen to the sound that he is making, he is making it look easy and it comes naturally to him.