-| 6 |- Hot 'n Cold

| ENJOY |

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!!!

Song- High Hopes by Kodaline

P.S. FOR BEST EXPERIENCE USE WHITE BACKGROUND!!

Nicolas' POV

Last Friday...

Washing the dishes after dinner, I had my sleeves rolled up working vigorously. The amount of work put into this task was unbelievable, the number of smudges these plates had was immeasurable, and my hands resembled that of raisins. Simultaneous listening to the slow stumps of my mother's pace I look back and see the tired frown she plastered.

"Can you explain this to me?" she says holding up a small piece of paper frantically.

Putting back the plate I had recently washed in the sink, I grab a towel and dry my hands. Giving her my full attention I lean on the kitchen counter and ask in disbelief. "What are you talking about?"

"Where exactly have you been these past few weekends?" She says with both hands on her hips. "Don't you dare lie to me, Nicolas."

Already aware she's found out I stretch my neck in a circular motion. "I told you, it's a school committee."

Crossing her arms and leaning on one side of her body she taps her foot in frustration. "That's bull shit and you know it because if you were being honest Jack would've accepted the check I gave him for the apartment lease." She says tucking a strand of hair that fell over her face. "Tell me, Nicolas."

Standing up properly I roll my eyes. "Ok so I got a job, that's not bad plus now you don't have to work that many shifts."

Cutting me off she exclaims. "Yeah, but it's a bar! There are so many jobs a young man like you can choose from." With a knowing face, she goes on, "More descent ones."

"Yeah but I like this one and it is a nightclub, not a bar," I say stifling out a laugh.

Sitting down on the nearest chair she lets out a defeated laugh. Ever since my father died she's had to deal with the bills all by herself, and it's not as if it was her choice. If it wasn't for the debt my father owes we wouldn't be in this situation, and since I'm already old enough I'm helping out in whatever way I can.

"What am I going to do with you?" She says putting the check she had on the counter before gazing at me.

Walking towards her I grab her shoulders and look into her eyes. "Don't worry about me or... I'll be late." I say rapidly before kissing her forehead and bidding goodbyes. Walking out the door with my bag and keys in hand I get my bike out of the storage room and rush out of the building.