Make Yourself Useful

A//N: what Esme looks like!
(Esme's/SkyBlazer's POV)

I don't remember falling asleep but when I wake up, the lights are off. And I'm laying on something warm yet metal, it's making me slightly uncomfortable. I look up to see over the mountain, no chest, of Soundwave. I jump up and hit my head on his clawed finger that connected to his large hand that arched itself over me in a cage like way.

"Recharge." Soundwave sounds. I look up quickly and nod with a small whimper. Recharge, I'm not sure what it means, might mean quiet. So I stay silent as I sit there. He stares at me as I do. He than pushes me down by my back with a clawed finger. I whimper as I am forced to lay on my stomach, the warmth spreading all over me. The ship was freezing so I guess this is useful for me to not freeze to death.

"Sleep, SkyBlazer" He murmurs out. I nod and take a mental note.

Recharge means Sleep.

I close my eyes and get into a more comfortable position to lay in. Soundwave's head lays down normally, being now out of view. I close my eyes again.

{Next Morning}

I now wake up alone. On the cold surface of the metal bed thingy. I hate how cold this place is...I sit up as I rub my eye. I look around, Soundwave is gone.

An idea pops into my head so quickly that it makes me giddy.

I can now escape!

I run to the edge and stop, realizing how stupid I am. I can't make it down. And if I were to get outside the room, I'd plunge to my death since I'm on a sky bound ship. And if I were to even escape this very room, I would be killed on sight, I bet. I curse repeatedly.

"There is really no way of escape." I mumble and suddenly the door opens. It reveals Soundwave. He comes in, looks at me, then goes to type away on his computer. He has a crack in his visor.

"What happened to you?" I asked him after gathering a bit of courage.

"Fragging Autobots" a screechy voice sounded. It was really annoying. I nodded, pretending to know what those two words even mean or are. He must have seen my confusion so he just shrugged his shoulders. I nodded slowly, realizing it wasn't worth asking.

"So...I'm still bored...have anything for me to do?" I push a little more, I am rather bored. This room is very plain. Not much to study in the finer details of the plain dark grey metal walls. Nothing to get from this metal table thing. The only thing that was constantly changing and catching my attention was Soundwave and his computer. He thought for a moment.

He scooped me up and placed me in front of the computer screen. I carefully scanned the green letters. They flittered across the screen like any normal computer. I read it aloud like a normal book. Was this Japanese or something?

"The final prime, known as Optimus Prime shall be sent to Earth. He shall be the last hope to stop Megatronus, who plans to rule over the worlds." I read aloud. I looked to Soundwave who was staring at me.

"Mind explaining what I just read?" I asked. I'm a little shaken by this. Who were these two people or most likely robots? Is it a representation of good vs bad? Maybe a hero and a villain type scenario.

"Megatronus, the greatest pit warrior! Who can beat our champion?!" Soundwave plays the recording, it sounds fresh and there is a crowd cheering in the background of the announcer. I nod.

"So I'm gonna guess that Megatronus is the big boss bot here huh?"  I ask and he responds with a simple nod.

"Lord Megatron-" he plays a part of a recording of that annoying voice again. I nod.

"Who is Optimus Prime?" I ask.

"The last of the primes, Optimus Prime. My greatest enemy." Megatron's voice comes from Soundwave's speakers inside of him I don't know where and I'd rather not know maybe. I nod again but slower.

"Do I have to help translate these for you?" I ask and point to the symbols of languages and stuff on the computer screen. He nods and I sigh.

"You do very well on your own. Do you really need help with it?" I ask, squeezing the bridge of my nose. He nods and plays another recording of Megatron.

"If you are to keep SkyBlazer, make sure she makes use of herself on my ship. If not, I will offline her under my pede as you watch." Megatron's voice becomes so venomous and dangerous that I shiver slightly. The thought of dying under his...pede???? Was kinda scary. Assuming Offlining means dying of course and inference from that Pede meant Stabilizers as in feet. I look down at my hands as I sit criss cross apple sauce, my hands in my lap.

"I suppose I don't have a choice." I frown.

"Heh sorry kiddo." An unfamiliar and friendly voice sounds. It makes me smile at Soundwave, it seemed at that moment he really was being sincere.