New Term

Chapter 2:

Smack!

Jessica slapped me. 

"Really? That's all you've got?" Leo came up from behind. 

"What do you mean?" She folded her arms.

Leo grabbed my arm and pushed Jessica out of the way, "I'll teach her a better lesson."

Leo hid behind a pillar, checked whether Jessica was still there, and then finally letting go of my arm. 

"What are you doing? My arm hurts!" I rubbed my red arm in anger. 

"Hello missy. I saved your 'life'! Shouldn't you be thanking me! Not to mention, getting to come to this school for free!" He rolled his eyes.

There, another ignorant guy. 

"It's not for free. It's part of my job!" 

"Yea your job. To spy on me and then get bullied. Just like what idiots will do." He mumbled before walking away. 

Did he just call me an idiot?! That piece of crap! 

During class...

"hey hey."Edmund tapped my shoulder. 

Choi Edmund, my desk mate. He's a good friend. Best friend. He tells me his secrets. The only bad thing about him is that his girlfriend is Suzy. 

"Shh..."I put my finger onto my lips. Tearing a piece of paper out from my notebook, I wrote: What?

Edmund took the paper and I recieved it back seconds later.

Edmund: What's wrong with your cheek?

I realised my cheek became red after i got slapped by Jessica.

"Nothing. Why'd ask?"I whispered while covering my cheek. 

"Is anything wrong?"

"No. Nothing. " I tried to ignore Edmund by pretending to write notes down. 

"Are you hiding something? You still haven't told me why your family can afford the school fees even though you live in a small apartment. " He raised an eyebrow. 

I can't tell him. Even though I trust him, I can't let him know that I came to this school to spy on Leo. 

"Just concentrate, Edmund. Don't you want to get good grades for the next test so that Suzy will stop complaining to you?" I said while passing him a pen to copy down notes.

Edmund snatched the pen and sighed.

I hope my cheek turns back to normal when I reach home. I don't want my mother to worry about me...

Months passed, And it was The start of a new term.

First day of school after the term break? Horrible.

'My Dawn. Please notice me!' I tore the stick it note on my locker down. I'll never fall for a rich guy. If only the bunch of guys knew that I'm coming to this school for, yes I admit, free, they'll never want to speak about me again.

I was tearing many other stick it notes when Leo came up next to me. 

"Oh I see. I'm getting the locker next to my spy this term. How unlucky! Now you can report even more things to my mother, congrats." He opened his locker and to stuff his books in. 

"Why are you talking to me like this?" I looked

at him, "If you don't know my back story, then shut up. Not everyone like you is so fortunate to grow up in a rich family. Look, I know I'm doing this job so that I can come to school. But please stop talking like that." 

Tears welled up in my eyes. Why is Leo treating other girls nicely but when it comes to me, he's doesn't?

Leo stared at me for awhile and then sighed, "I'm sorry." 

I slammed my locker door shut and stomped away. At least he still had the heart to apologise.

We were getting new sitting arrangements this term. I was really disappointed to find out that Edmund was moved to the back of the class. He is a really good friend. 

I waited and waited for my teacher to announce my seat. 

"Jessica min, Behind Leo." My teacher, Ms Kang, pointed out to the seat behind Leo. 

Jessica got up in excitement.

Finally her dream of sitting near Leo so that she can flirt with him came true. 

She strolled over to Leo and started giggling, "How do you like it now, my husband."

Leo rolled his eyes in annoyance, "Shut up. That's only going to happen in 2 years. I'm not your husband yet."

I laughed softly. Hahaha! Take that Jessica! I am happy that Leo doesn't like her at all.

"Alright next, Park Dawn! You will be sitting next to Leo."

Oh no.

"Can you repeat that, Ms kang?"I requested.

Ms Kang pointed to Leo,"Next to him."

A-N:

Again, Sorry for the bad English!  :/

Did you like Chapter 2? I used the name 'Edmund' because I recently rewatched Narnia and I really like Edmund hahaha.

Don't forget to vote and comment!♡

Stay tuned for chapter 3!

-HJ