Hospital Bills

Chapter 9:

Dawn's POV:

Now that my mom is in the hospital, she can't go to work to pay for our apartment bills as well as her hospital bills. My mother needs to stay in the hospital for 3 weeks so I took her job at the restaurant.

I couldn't go to school.

I was working in the restaurant when I saw Leo walking down the street. I smiled. I didn't know why I did though. I was happy to see him. The wind blew onto his dyed brown hair and his eyes looked directly at the restaurant I am working in. Wait.

Who's that behind him?

It was a girl. She wore a ribbon on her head and our school uniform. I couldn't see her clearly because the sun reflected on the window I am looking at. Her pink shoes and long straight hair. That could only be one person, Jessica.

"Oh no. Jessica can't know that I'm working here!"I said to myself and took out my cellphone to call Leo. He was only a few metres away until he reaches the restaurant.

Leo stopped walking when I called him, as well as Jessica.

"I'm outside your restaurant now. Come out. I need to-"

"Jessica is behind you!"I cut in. Leo's face expression immediately changed.

"What is wrong with her?!"He looked really annoyed.

Then hung up.

I saw Leo walk towards a zebra crossing and crossed the road. Jessica followed him but before she could cross, the traffic light turned red.

I laughed when I saw Leo run out of sight and Jessica kicking the traffic light.

"Ah! I'm going crazy!"

I heard her scream. It was so loud that many people in the restaurant started gossiping about her. Jessica then called a taxi.

My phone started ringing, It was Leo.

"Is she gone?"Leo was panting really loudly. It looks like he ran a lot.

I took a look outside and saw the taxi turn to the exit towards the express way.

"Yes."I replied.

"Okay I'm coming."He sighed and hung up, again.

He always hang up without saying "Good Bye".

A few minutes later, Leo walked into the restaurant.

"What brings you here today?"I looked up at him. I was so short compared to him.

"Ms Kang told me to bring your homework." Leo reached for his bag and pulled out a bunch of papers.

"Thanks,"I grabbed the papers, "Why didn't you ask your driver to drive you here?"

Leo picked up his bag,"You don't have to know."

I nodded and walked to the worker's room to put the papers into my bag. He sat in front of a table and called me.

"I'm hungry. Give me the most delicious food here."He ordered.

I looked at him for a moment and wrote it on the paper. "Oh and, I want you to sit in front of me."

Leo faked a smile, showing his white and straight teeth.

"Yes, Mr Kim."I said and walked to the kitchen to prepare his meal. 15 minutes later, I returned with a hot bowl of beef soup.