The Quarrel

Chapter 8: The Quarrel

Leo's POV:

After Dawn talked to the doctors, she immediately ran to the room her mother is in. I walked over to the door, only to find Dawn crying. 

"She'll be fine."The woman that brought Dawn's mother here, placed her hand onto Dawn's shoulder. 

I checked the time,  9.47 PM.

I should be home by now. I took one final look at Dawn and went to my car. 

It wasn't raining anymore when I was on the way home.

I hugged Park Dawn. Even though I couldn't see anything, I could imagine it in my mind. The whole ride home, I was thinking about it. She made me feel so safe in her arms.

She said 'Thank you' to me. But then, she hates all the rich people. She told me about her family. I told her about my family. We were getting along. 

"Why am I even thinking about her?"I said to myself. 

I pulled in to my house and walked in. The house was dark and quiet but there was still light. 

Phew...Mom doesn't know that-

"Why are you back so late?" 

That voice. In that tone was the sign that I am going to get punished.  

"I went out to celebrate my birthday with some friends. " I lied. She can't know that I was with Dawn. 

"Your Birthday? Oh I forgot! I'm so sorry my dear Leo!"She stood up, forcing a smile.

"It's okay...I'm used to this." I walked upstairs to my room. j

I spent the next day, Sunday, having 8 hours of tuition. Finally I had time to listen to some music. I put my green headphones on. 

Opera, my favourite type of music. 

I can sit on my sofa with my eyes closed listening to Opera for 3 hours. But i only listen to the sad ones. The depressing music makes me happy. 

The next day...

"Is anyone absent today?"Ms Kang questioned. 

"Park Dawn's not here, Ms Kang."I heard one of my classmates reply. 

Of course she isn't here. She has to take care of her mother.

This isn't good at all. If Dawn isn't here, that means...

"Leo honey! Can you lend me your pen?"

Jessica. Next to me. It's even worse than her being at the back. 

I ignored her. I don't know why my mother wants me to marry her. She doesn't want to tell me. She told me that I will be happy. But the only person who's happy is her. 

"Does anyone know why Dawn is absent?" Ms Kang looked really concerned. 

"No one really cares if she's here. It'll be better if she isn't. She disgusts me." 

That came from the back of the class. I turn to the back and narrowed my eyes to the one who said that. 

"Leo? Leo! Why are you looking at Ember?! Do you have a crush on her?!" I heard Jessica slam the table. 

"No. I'm already engaged to you, what can I do?" I rolled my eyes at her.

Why am I so angry because of what Ember said?  Am I falling in love with Dawn? 

That's impossible. Dawn is just a girl hired by my mother. Thats all. She's nothing to me. 

I sighed. Hopefully I can end school and go home to enjoy more opera. 

I shouldn't have returned home so early. 

"Jessica's Mother called me and told me that Jessica is crying claiming that you have a crush on Ember?!"My mother screamed at me as soon as I got home.

Not Jessica again...

"It was just a misunderstanding."I replied, 

"A misunderstanding?! Tell me the truth!"She demanded. She doesn't trust me at all. 

"I'm telling you the truth! You rather trust Jessica than your own son?!"I starting talking louder and louder.

The maids left the room so that none of them will get involved in this. 

This happened before. There was one time my mother and I were quarreling because Jessica, again, claims that I was talking to too much girls. A maid tried to comfort mom and immediately got fired the next day for being too nosy. 

I was banned from talking to girls other than Jessica and Dawn, so that she can tell my mom more about me, from that day onwards. 

"Did you kiss Jessica like how I instructed you to?! No. You don't love her. You have to love her!" I could see veins coming out of my mother's next now. 

I hate my Mother. 

"I don't even like her! You ruined my life. You all ruined my life." I barked at her. I had enough. 

I need to stop shouting at her, or else I'll be sent to the psychiatrist again. I stomped up the stairs. 

"Don't talk to your mother like that ever again."

"You have no right to order me around."I glared at him. 

"Why not? After all, I am your Father." 

"I never thought of you as my father."

A-N:

Did you like the story? I'm considering if I should stop writing this story because I get no views at all and I feel that people don't want to read my story. :(

sorry for the bad English.

5 views in this chapter for next update.