Blackout

Hey! I got 56 views now! and I promised to update after 45 so here it is! :)

Chapter 6:

I grabbed the bunny and hugged it. Leo then started complaining that we already spent 2 hours in the gift shop and stomped out. 

He didn't even give me the chance to thank him. 

We found a table at a restaurant and sat down. After ordering food, Leo looked at the toy which he claimed it to be 'Ugly'.

"I don't even understand you're thinking. Out of all the toys in the gift shop you like this ugly rabbit." he folded his arms. 

"No it's cute! Anyway, thank you. I'll return you the money when I get home."I lifted the bunny and smiled at it.

He already rejected my money for the ticket, lunch and dinner. 

"You don't have to return me the money but on 1 condition." He lifted his index finger.

"What?" 

Leo faked a cough. "You have to name it 'Leo'." 

No way. I rather return him the money. 

"No! It sounds like a boy but the bunny's a girl!"I shoke my head. 

"Fine. Then you'll have to return me the money for the ticket, lunch, dinner and that toy all together."

Stupid Leo. I didn't even want to come here from the start. But all the money together is like more than a hundred bucks. 

"I'll call it 'Leo' from now on..."I mumbled and he smirked. 

The food came after 10 minutes and we spent half an hour eating. We didn't talk at all while eating. His rules.

It was now 8pm and the sky is really dark. Leo suggested that we sit next to the water fountain to enjoy the lights. 

I stared at Leo while he checked the theme park map for things. Questions came flooding into my mind. 

Why did he bring me here today? And why did he buy me that toy? Why did he ask me to name the toy after him? Does he like me? 

No no no. It can't be. Snap out of it Dawn. He's already engaged to Jessica and you can't fall for him. But look at him. Why is my heart beating faster? 

"Leo,"I blurted out. Idiot! Why did you call him?! 

He looked at me and I started to have butterflies in my stomach. 

"Thank you."I smiled and he went back to checking the map.

"For what?"I heard him say. 

"For everything. This is the happiest day of my life. I had so much fun today even though I'm with you, the person I used to hate." 

"You what?"He folded his map and gave me a scary look. 

"err.. I mean, nothing..."I quickly corrected myself, "Why did you bring me here today?" 

He sighed, "I don't know.... Maybe it's because you never ever talk to me and I wanted to learn more about you?" 

I raised an eyebrow, "Don't lie to me."

"Its my Birthday today."He replied and my eyes widened. 

"Happy Birthday!"I cheered. 

Why would he want to spend his birthday with me?

"But why me? Why didn't you ask your mother or Jessica or someone else?"

Leo kicked a pebble on the floor, "Don't ask. And don't mention Jessica. No one would ever want to go out with her."

"Sorry..." I hugged my bunny. 

All of the sudden, the lights in the theme park were all gone. There was nothing to see but pitch darkness. I could hear many people questioning what was wrong. 

"Dawn? Where are you?!"I heard Leo shout.

"I'm right next go you whats wrong?"

I felt a tight squeeze on my hand followed by some sniffing and crying noises. 

I realized that Leo was crying. 

"What's wrong, Leo?"I was so confused. 

Leo didn't answer but kept on crying and holding my hand.

I didn't know what was wrong with him.

"It's alright. Don't cry."I pat his back. 

I felt Leo wrap his arms around me. My heart started to beat really fast. His body was warm and I hugged him back. I didn't ask him what's wrong anymore. Although I couldn't see him, I wanted to let him know that he is safe. 

After about 5 minutes, the light went back on and an announcement was made that the theme park had an unexpected blackout and no one was hurt.

Everyone went back to what they were doing. Leo rubbed his tears off and got up. 

He remained silent for a while until I finally decided to talk to him. 

"Erm...are you okay?"I looked at his face that was already turning red. 

"I'm fine. Sorry about that."He kept looking to

the ground.

"It's okay. Do you mind if you-"

My handphone was ringing. Really? At this time when I just got hugged? 

I grabbed my phone and saw a very unusual number. 

"Hello?"I answered the phone. 

My jaw dropped open,"What?!"

A-N:

Did you like it? I'm so excited to write the next part of story :) But with no votes/likes, I feel like no one wants to read my story :(

Sorry for poor English and stay tuned for chap 7! ^_^

Like, Comment and follow ;)

8 views on this chapter and 2 likes for next update!  ♡