Hospital

Chapter 7:

I couldn't stop crying. My mother's friend called . My mother is in the emergency room. Leo offered me a ride to the hospital. 

I looked out of window. It was raining heavily.   Tears blurred my vision and my face twisted in anguish. 

What am I going to do without my mother? 

"She'll be fine."Leo tried to comfort me. "What if she's not? She's the only family member left that I have. "I sobbed like a crazy woman. 

The weight of the whole world was upon my shoulders. 

"Where's your dad?"Leo questioned but then turned back to concentrating on the road," Sorry. I know it's not the right time to ask." 

Maybe telling him would make me feel better?

I rubbed my tears off and looked down. "I used to have a father. He was the best father one can ever ask for,"I smiled as happy memories came back to my mind, "He would sit by my bed whenever I couldn't sleep. He would stay home to take care of me whenever I was sick. He told me that money wasn't everything, and love is all that matters.  But,"I bit my lip and a tear rolled down my cheek. 

"But he left my mother and I. He left us for money. For a richer woman. And yet he told me that money isn't everything. And look what he done to us."I was out of breath, "I sworn from that day onwards, I would never ever be friends with a rich person." 

Leo didn't reply. 

I rubbed my tears away but it didn't help. They kept falling down. I tried to stop myself from crying. I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of Leo. 

"You can cry. Don't force yourself. Just

pretend I'm invisible." Leo mumbled. 

When we reached the hospital, I immediately ran towards the emergency room. 

"Your mother suffered a heart attack just now. The doctors are still trying to save her." My mom's friend, Lily, told me. 

My lips started to quiver and I was out of breath.

A few moments later, I heard footsteps behind me. 

"Are you okay?"Leo taped my shoulder. 

"Do I look like I'm okay?! It's been...its been 1 hour since the doctors went in. She might not make it."I bawled loudly and dropped to my knees. 

Leo grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the hospital. 

"Let go of me! Let go!" I tried to struggle but I

was too weak after all the crying. 

"I understand how you feel."Leo leaned against a wall. 

He knows how I feel? How would he know how I feel? The stupid sentence people say to calm someone down. 

"How would you know?! You have a perfect life, perfect family! Everyone is healthy and you're happy. But me? I'm alone. Everyday I'm alone. I've got no one to talk to." 

"Keep quiet."He let go of my arm," You're in a hospital. There are people resting. "

He is right. I was making too much noise just now. 

"I have no father too, Dawn." 

My eyes widened in shock. "I'm sorry! I... I thought-"

Leo cut me off and looked into my eyes, "It

was my 8th birthday. Today. After he ate dinner, he fainted and we sent him to the hospital. But when we got there, the doctors announced that he died." 

I could see tears welling up in his eyes, "My mother didn't tell me the reason he died. And neither did she cry. I never celebrated my Birthday with my family ever again. " 

He sucked in some air and continued. "when I was 7, I got kidnapped and was kept in a dark room with no lights for 2 weeks. I managed to survive somehow. But after that, I had phobia of the dark and the only person who comforts me is my dad. But now I have no one."

I didn't know what to say. 

I thought that cold and arrogant, Kim Leo, had a perfect life and everything. I thought Leo had a perfect mother. 

But everything I knew about Leo, is wrong.

"I..I'm sorry..." I tried to think of something to say but I couldn't. 

"Yes, you should be. So at least believe that your mother will be fine. " the sorrowful Leo, immediately changed his emotions. 

Not long after Leo walked away, Lily came running out. 

"Dawn! Dawn! Come hurry! The doctors saved your mother!" 

Leo smiled at me. So he can tell the future? 

I stared at him for a moment then raced towards the doctors.

A-N:

There'll be something new next chapter!  Leo's Point of view! ^_^

I didn't get 8 views but I thought that maybe I should post it :) I shouldn't overestimate my views maybe :/

5 views on this chapter for next update!