|Shot 63| • Opposites • |Stenbrough|

Previously titled "Poles"

I'm sorry for the spam of angsty chapters. I'll post something fluffy next time ~Jae👑

° ° ° °

STAN'S POV

I walked briskly through the doors of the all too familiar library and took a deep breath. I inhaled the fresh smell of books and parchment.

My love for books may have awarded me with only two friends, but I guess I prefer it that way. I'm comfortable with my sweaters and books and talks with Beverly and Eddie.

Whom, speaking of which, plopped themselves down next to me as soon as I settled into my quiet self in the back of the library.

"New book today, Stan?" Eddie queried with a warm smile.

"Hey Eddie" I smiled back. "Yeah, I actually found a Stephen King book I haven't read yet"

"Which one is it?"

"It"

"What is it?"

"No, Eddie, the book is called It"

"Oh" he chuckled, and I laughed with him.

"What's so funny?" Beverly questioned with a cock of her eyebrow and her signature grin.

"Nothing" we chortled simultaneously.

"Okay, you goofs, did you guys start on the project for Mr. Wilkins yet?"

"Yeah, I have my paper right he-" Eddie started, but stopped abruptly when he lifted his head.

I followed his gaze with my puzzled one and our eyes landed on a tall boy studying a book in his hands. He sported a red and gold letterman jacket and dark curly hair.

His kind chocolate eyes scanned the pages carefully as Eddie's eyes were fixated affectionately on him.

His name is Richie Tozier.

"Eddie?" Beverly questioned. "You still with us?"

"I'll be right back" he muttered without breaking eye contact.

Beverly and I giggled as he strode over to Richie. Richie greeted him with a warm smile, and although their conversation was inaudible to us, we could tell they were happy and flirting.

Richie said something to make them both laugh, and Eddie touched his arm gingerly.

"Aaaand we've lost him" Beverly quipped, and I scoffed before averting my eyes and returning to my book.

"You okay, Stan?" she asked gently.

"Yeah, just a little jealous of Reddie over there" I answered.