Part 16

You and Tzuyu rested outside the woods , under the Ice Mountain.

" Are you okay ? Are you hurt ? " You checked on Tzuyu.

" I'm fine. " Tzuyu said. You can still hear Nian roaring in the distance.

" Let's go home. " You said.

You whistled and your horse ran to you. You carried Tzuyu onto the horse , then you climbed up. You kicked your horse and it started to run. Tzuyu hugged you tight behind you.

*** SCENE CHANGE ***

You reached the castle.

You and Tzuyu walked in.

You saw someone on the throne. A familiar face.

You quickly knelt.

" Your majesty. "

" Long time no see , ____ . "

" Mother...? " Tzuyu gasped.

The queen stood up from her throne , she became skinnier than before , her skin is pale and her eyes are swollen.

" Where have you been all these months ? " Tzuyu hugged her mother and asked.

" Our kingdom was attacked when ____ rushed out to find you. All our people are killed. I managed to escape and a young man saved me , he took good care of me in the woods. Meet Welson. " The queen signaled a man to come closer.

He's tall and muscular , handsome too. He looks like a huntsman.

" Your highness. " He bowed.

Tzuyu bowed back.

" Welson is an amazing guy , this is Tzuyu , my daughter. " The queen said.

" You're the most pretty princess i ever met , your highness. " Welson smiled.

" Thank you. " Tzuyu replied.

You're still kneeling down on the floor. Your heart felt weird , is it jealousy ? sadness ?

" Why don't you two have a chat at our garden ? Both of you can come back when dinner is ready. " The queen said.

" Sound good to me. " Welson smiled and stared at Tzuyu.

" But mum... I wanna rest. "

" You can rest after dinner , my dear. " The queen said.

Welson and Tzuyu walked to the garden. You stood up , following Tzuyu.

" ____. " The queen called.

" Yes , your majesty ? "

" You don't need to guard Tzuyu , she can have some time with her future husband. "

You froze.

with her future husband...

" Y-yes , your majesty. " You bowed and walked to your room.

Your heart aches. That's when you know , you felt in love with Tzuyu. You never had the chance to tell her , and now she's arranged for marriage with a new man.

You stood at the window , you can see Tzuyu and Welson talking at the garden. You sighed and removed your gear. You took a shower and rest on the bed.

If she's happy. I'm happy. You thought.

You fell asleep.

*** SCENE CHANGE ***

You woke up just at the right time for dinner. You wore a set of new gear , clean your swords and head to the dining room.

The queen , Tzuyu and Welson is already on the table. Tzuyu is telling her mother of her adventure with you. You quietly walked to the corner of the room.

" ... he fought a giant monster and saved me. Words can't describe how thankful am i. ____ saved my life twice. " Tzuyu said.

" Very fascinating story , my dear. " The queen said coldly. " Now , I hope you're prepared for your wedding. "

" Wedding ? " Tzuyu is confused.

" Yes , Welson will be your husband next month. "

" But mum... "

" Welson is a great man , my dear. You know that I only give you the best of the best. "

Welson smiled , handsomely.

" Mum... It's too early to talk about this. "

" I don't think so , the earlier the better. Am I right , Welson ? "

" Yes , your majesty. " Welson replied.

" .... " Tzuyu became quiet.

You closed your eyes and let out a deep breath.

*** SCENE CHANGE ***

It's already late night. You patrol around the kingdom. You saw Tzuyu sitting alone at the fountain outside the castle.

" Your highness ? " You walked to her.

" Oh... _____ . Please sit. " Tzuyu tapped on the ledge beside her.

You sat down beside her , both of you staring at the stars.

" So... you're getting married soon. " You said.

" I guess.. "

" Well... Welson isn't bad... "

" I'm not interested in him. "

" It's the queen arrangement. "

Tzuyu sighed.

Awkward silence.

" Will you still stay by my side ? " She asked.

You turned your head and looked at her.

" I'll always be ... your royal guard. " You said , trying to smile to hide your emotions.

" Thank you. " Tzuyu turned to you and said.

" You should head to bed now , the queen is going to kill both of us if she saw us here. " You stood up and said.

Tzuyu chuckled and stood up too.

" Alright then , Goodnight. My knight in silver armour. " Tzuyu bowed playfully.

" Goodnight to you too , my princess in pink dress. " You bowed back.

Both of you laughed.

Tzuyu waved and walked to her room.