Chapter 2 "Stay Away"

Five hours have passed.
Squad 3 is driving over the DuSable Bridge when Severide looks to a side, "Tony, find a place to park!" Severide tells him.
Tony drives off the bridge and pulls over on to a side street.
Severide jumps out and rushes back over to the bridge walking up to a woman, "Shaylynn, is everything okay?" he asks her.
Shaylynn turns toward him and wipes the tears from her eyes.
"Shaylynn, what's wrong?" Severide asks her.
"Homeland is having budget problems. They said I had to go because I'm too good and costing them too much money!" she tells him, "I've never been told I have to leave because I'm too good!"
She starts crying again.
Severide puts his arms around her, "It's alright! It's their loss! You'll find something else in no time!" he tells her.
Shaylynn backs up and shakes her head, "I still can't believe the Director looked at me with a straight face and told me because I was too good I was costing them too much money! I would have preferred if he would have just told me that they were having budget problems and leave it at that!"
"Why don't you come to the Firehouse," Severide tells her.
"Are you sure?" she asks him.
"Yeah! We'll meet you there!" he tells her.
"Okay, see you there!" Shaylynn tells him.
Severide smiles and hurries back to the Squad truck.

~~~~~~

Arriving at the Firehouse, the Squad guys head inside to get something to eat.
As he walks in, Severide sees Boden and stops him.
"Shaylynn will be stopping by. I hope that's alright?" Severide says to him.
Boden gives him a look, "Of course that's alright!"
Severide smiles at him and goes to get something to eat before it's all gone.
Five minutes later, Shaylynn walks into the Common room.
"Hey, Shaylynn! What brings you here?" Herrmann asks her.
"I was let go!" she tells him.
The Common room goes quiet.
"Why?" Kidd asks her.
"Because I'm too good and I'm costing Homeland too much money," Shaylynn tells everyone.
"You were actually told that?" Casey asks her.
"Yep," Shaylynn says.
Boden puts his hand on Shaylynn's shoulder, "Take it as a compliment! Don't take it any other way!" he tells her.
Shaylynn smiles at him, "Thanks, Chief!"
A call comes in and everyone heads out.
"Would you like to come along?" Boden asks Shaylynn.
"Are you sure?" she asks.
Boden smiles, "Of course! I can't stop you if you happen to follow us!" he says winking at her.
Shaylynn smiles.
They both hurry out to their vehicles.

~~~~~~

Arriving at the address, everyone sees it's a three story Victorian house.
Getting their gear out everyone gets it on as Shaylynn pulls up.
As soon as she gets out Boden waves her over.
She quickly walks up to him, "Since you own a Victorian home what can you tell me about them?" Boden asks her as Casey and Severide walk up.
"With mine, I have a few secret passages and rooms. So if anyone is in there they could possibly be hiding in them. I had a fire in the wall and found out that back when these homes were built, they would put old clothing, rags, whatever they could get their hands on into the walls to help insulate the walls. If that's the case with this house it could make the fire spread quickly" she tells them.
"Thanks!" Boden tells her and turns to Casey and Severide, "You guys go in there and see what the house is like keeping what Shaylynn said in mind" he tells them.
"You got it, Chief!" Casey says.
"Be careful!" Shaylynn tells Casey and Severide before they walk off.

All of Squad enters the house heading to the second floor as Truck enters staying on the first floor.
"FIRE DEPARTMENT! CALL OUT!" Severide yells out.
He repeats this several times when he starts to hear cracking, "Everyone stand still!" he radios out.
"What is it?" Casey says over the radio.
"I'm not sure!" Severide radios out.
Before he knows it, a huge safe is falling through the third floor down through the second floor, then the first floor before crashing into the basement.
All of Squad looks at each other before the floor gives out from under their feet sending them plummeting into the first floor where the floor buckles sending all of Squad and Truck into the basement.
One by one all their locators start going off sending out their high pitch sound.
"Main! Requesting additional assistance at my location! ASAP!" Boden radios.
Shaylynn looks at Boden with a worried look on her face.
Three minutes later, Firehouse 109 arrives.
They quickly get out of their trucks when a few shots ring out.
"STAY AWAY FROM MY HOUSE!" everyone hears a man yell.