Chapter 18 "Playing Games"

Shaylynn climbs into the vent.
She slowly takes off the cover that's inside the laundry room. Crawling all the way through she stands up.
Walking over to the doorway, she slowly looks out to see if anyone is around.
Not seeing anyone she starts walking out.

Back at the Command Center, Chelsea, Luce, and Sam are watching what Shaylynn sees on the screen.
"This is like a video game!" Sam says.
"But unlike a video game, I won't respawn somewhere else!" Shaylynn says.
Sam gets a surprised look on her face, "I didn't realize the mic was on" she says.
Chelsea snickers at her.
"Do we have any idea how many are holding them hostage?" Shaylynn asks.
Luce looks at Chelsea, she shakes her head 'no', "Negative!" Luce tells her.
"What am I supposed to do with these guys?" Shaylynn asks.
"Shoot to kill!" she hears Chelsea say, "Especially since we don't know how many are in there."
Shaylynn walks out into the hallway and right away sees three guys.
She quickly shoots the three when all of a sudden the lights come back on blinding her.
Next thing she knows she feels something hard across the back of her head and falls to the floor.

Shaylynn starts to come to.
When she opens her eyes and they finally focus, she sees Severide looking down at her.
Looking around she sees they're in his Officers Quarters.
She goes to sit up, "Whoa! Take it easy! You have a nasty bump on your head!" Severide tells her, "What happened to you?" he asks.
"I came in, shot three guys and the lights came on blinding me," she tells him, "Is everyone alright?"
"Yes, everyone's fine! After the lights went off, a few of the guys took Cruz and headed off toward the generator" Severide tells her, "I'm glad you're alright!" he tells her bending down to kiss her.
The door to Severide's Quarters opens, "Hey! What do you think you're doing?" a guy asks him walking in and shutting the door behind him.
Severide turns around and looks at the guy, "She's my wife!" he tells him.
The guy's eyes get big, "Oh yeah!" he says.
Not being able to see anything else other than the guy's eyes, Shaylynn figures the guy's smiling by the tone of his voice.
The guy walks over to the blinds and starts shutting them.
"What are you doing?" Severide asks him.
"I haven't watched a good porno in a long time! It would be nice to watch one live right in front of me!" the guy tells Severide.
Severide's face starts turning red out of anger, "Okay!" he hears Shaylynn say from behind him.
He quickly turns around to see Shaylynn standing and taking off her shirt, "Baby, he wants a porno, let's give him one!" she says walking toward Severide.
Shaylynn stops to kiss him then looks over at the other guy, "But there's one thing!" she says and starts walking toward him, "You have to join in!" Shaylynn tells the guy with her hands behind her back to undo her bra.
The guy quickly puts his gun down on Severide's desk.
Before he knows it he's holding his side.
He removes his hands to see that they're covered in blood.
Within a couple of seconds, he falls to the floor.
Severide walks forward to see that Shaylynn's holding a knife in her hand. 

"Where was that?" he asks her

Shaylynn turns around to look at him, "Inside the back of my bra" she tells him, "Always be prepared not to have a gun!"
She bends down and wipes the blood on the guy.
Standing back up she looks at Severide, "Mind putting it back in its case?" she asks holding the knife out to him.
Shaylynn turns around so her back is facing him.
He finds the case and puts the knife back in.
After he's done, Shaylynn walks over to his bunk to grab her shirt.
Putting it on, she walks over to his desk and picks up the guys gun, "That's four guys down. How many are left?" she asks.
"Four more" Severide tells her.
"Do you have any idea where they are?" Shaylynn asks them.
"I know two are always in the Common room. As for the other two, not sure" he says.
"Okay, I'll have to go on that!" Shaylynn says looking down at the guy and sees a bulge under his coat.
She bends down, moves his coat to the side to see her gun. Putting his gun back on Severide's desk, she takes her back. That's when she notices the silencer is missing.
"Are you sure you don't want his gun?" Severide asks her.
"Nope. Mine will do the job!" she tells him, "Stay here!" she says grabbing his pillow.
"I'm not staying here!" Severide tells her giving her a weird look when he sees her pick up his pillow.
"Kelly!" she says.
"Don't argue with me! I'm coming with you!" he says.
Shaylynn walks over to the door, "Then stay behind me!" she tells him.
Severide gets a huge smile on his face then puts his hands on her hips, "Whatever you say, Baby!" he says looking down at her ass.
She reaches around and smacks him on the arm, "Would you be serious! Let's go!"
They walk out of his Quarters and head out to the Common room.