Chapter 7 "Hamster Car"

Severide walks over to the kitchen island, "Kelly, what do you need a gun for?" Shaylynn asks him grabbing it out of his hand.
"For protection!" he tells her giving her look.
"Protection from what?" she asks him, "You pull people out of burning buildings, cars, etc! You don't need a gun for that!" she tells him.
"I need it to protect myself from a woman!" he tells her.
Shaylynn becomes concerned, "From a woman? What did she do?" she asks him.
"We saved her and her car from going over a freeway overpass. Capp said she had eyes for me when we were carrying her on the backboard to the gurney. I told him he was crazy! The next day she came to the Firehouse with cookies. When I told her that my guys would enjoy them she sort of got mad. Just like when she saw my ring, it looked like she got pissed I was married. When she left she winked at me before pulling away. All that happened a week ago. Today I swear I thought I saw her car sitting outside my place when I left for work. Then we went to a call, a house fire. Cruz and I were upstairs and walked into a bedroom where there was a lump on the bed. I touched it and a woman said: "I knew you would come for me".  Cruz opened the curtains and it was her lying there in a dress and holding a bouquet of flowers! I told her we had to get her out of the house when she proceeded to ask me if I was going to carry her. I asked her if she could stand up, which she did. When I told her she could walk out on her own, she was pissed! Cruz and I finally got her out of the house Casey yelled at me and wanted to show me something inside. He leads me back to a back room and told me to go in. When I went in I saw pictures of myself all over the walls and ceiling. Shaylynn, she's been following me ALL over Chicago. She even had pictures of me inside my place! She had to be on the roof of the warehouse across the street to get those pictures! I'm telling you she's CRAZY! Casey says she's obsessed with me. When Casey and I walked out of the house Gabby and Sylvie were looking for her. She just walked away from the ambulance!" Severide tells her.
Shaylynn can sense in his tone that he's worried, "Kelly, you don't need the gun! I'll help you out!" she tells him.
Severide smiles at her, "Really?"
"Yes! You don't have a permit to carry a gun in Chicago! You confront her or she confronts you then something was to happen and the gun is found on you, you would be in a shit load of trouble! Me on the other hand, well that's a grey area! Describe her to me," Shaylynn tells him.
"She has blonde hair. She's... come here" Severide tells Shaylynn pulling her to him, "How tall are you?" he asks her.
"Since I have my boots on I'm 5'8," she tells him.
"Okay, then I would say she's five foot," he tells her.
"What does she drive?" she asks.
"A Kia Soul," Severide tells her.
Shaylynn lets out a little snicker, "Okay, she drives a hamster car."
Severide gives her a glare, "What?" she says then starts laughing, "That's what's driving it in the commercials! How much longer is your shift?"
"I still have tomorrow," Severide tells her.
"Okay, do you think she'll stop by the Firehouse tomorrow?" she asks.
Severide shakes his head 'yes', "I'm certain of it! She's been there every day I'm on shift!" Severide tells Shaylynn giving her a funny look.
"What's wrong?" Shaylynn asks.
"She knows my schedule!" he says.
"I'll try and stop by tomorrow. SWAT has been pretty busy plus I've been pulling double duty on the bomb squad," she tells him.
Severide is not happy hearing this news, "Bomb Squad?!" he asks her.
"Yes! You know I disarmed bombs in the Middle East!" she tells him.
"Exactly where in the Middle East did you do this?" Severide asks her.
Shaylynn gives him a glare, "We've been over this! I was all over the Middle East! I wasn't in just one place. Anyways, I know what I'm doing!"
"Alright! Alright! I don't want to fight!" he tells her. Since I'm face to face with you, after my shift is over would you like to go out on a date?"
Shaylynn smiles at him, "Sure! Where do you want to meet?" she asks him.
Severide looks at her confused, "I figured I would come and pick you up."
"Kelly, if you want to go out on a date I'll have to meet you. I'm always on call" she tells him.
"Alright, I'll text you the details. I better go! The guys are out front" he tells her.

Severide starts walking to the front door.
He opens it but before he steps out he turns around and looks at her, "You really should change the security code" he tells her.
"Why? You're the only one who has the code and I know you would never hurt me" Shaylynn tells him.
Severide smiles at her, walks closer and kisses her.
"I love you!" Severide tells her.
Shaylynn smiles at him, "I love you, too!"
Severide turns around and walks out the door, Shaylynn looks out and waves to the guys.