Always Here

It had been 3 weeks since Thomas got out of the hospital. Him and Brenda have been ignoring Teresa completely. Teresa was becoming less like her "fun-self"every day. Minho and Newt stayed with her the whole time...like friends should. 

"Thanks for coming Teresa, I would've failed my test if you hadn't." Newt joked. Minho just sat on the couch watching football and eating Twizzlers. "Yea no problem. Uh, my parents aren't home tonight and they want me back by 7, so I should get going. They're gonna call to check in on me," Teresa got her shoes and headed for the door. "See ya tomorrow you shanks!" Teresa shouted as she left. Newt and Minho looked at each other, "she deserves so much more," said Minho. Newt nodded in agreement. 

Teresa had gotten home right before her parents called. She talked to her mom for a while, telling each other about their days. "Love you," said Teresa before hanging up. Teresa decided to order pizza. She had just ordered when the doorbell rang. 

That was fast, she thought. She opened the door, finding the last thing she would expect on a Friday night. 

Thomas was sobbing on her doorstep, Teresa was shocked at first, but then ran to embrace Thomas. He just fell into her, letting her care for him. She whispered in his ear, " Hey, its ok. I'm here. Wanna go inside?" Thomas looked up at her with his big brown eyes and gave her a slow nod. 

Once inside, Teresa sat down on the couch, with Thomas still in her arms. "Tom, what happened? Please talk so that I can help." Teresa pulled away and begged. 

Thomas tried to talk in between cries, "she....Brenda.....kissed....Ben....she.....used....me." Teresa took his head in her delicate hands, "Thomas, if Brenda did that to you, then she doesn't deserve you. You are perfect in every way." 

Thomas gave her a sad smile and put his head on her shoulder, " I'm..s-s-sorry. I missed hanging out with you Resa." Teresa laid her head on top of his, "I have been kind of lonely," she laughed. They sit like that until the doorbell rang, this time with the pizza. 

"I have extra, want to stay for dinner?" Teresa asked, hoping he would take the offer. "Of course!" He said and got up to go get plates from the kitchen. Teresa got the pizza and sat back down at the couch, "do you even know where they are?" Teresa teased. 

"Hold on woman, cut me some slack. I haven't been here in forever." Thomas yelled back. Teresa sighed and waited for him to find the plates. "Got em'", Thomas said and sat down on the couch next to Teresa. 

"Will things ever be the same between you, me, and Brenda?" asked Thomas. "I don't think so. She was basically using me to get to you, and she used you to get to Ben." Teresa said. Thomas nodded his head, "Fine with me, you and me always got along the best." 

"Um, Thomas. I need to tell you something, I think since things are over with Brenda, I can finally say them." Teresa looked down and back into his eyes. He gave her an approving look and laid his head back on the couch, "proceed." They laughed. 

"So, when you were in the hospital, I was the one who stayed. I was out of school for a month, just as long as you were. I never left your side, unless I had to change or use the bathroom. That's exactly what happened that morning. I went to the bathroom, and when I came back you were awake. Brenda lied to you, and I was speechless. I couldn't believe she did that to me. Brenda hadn't visited you the whole time, and now I am pretty sure your parents love her and hate me," Teresa confessed. Thomas was about to speak, but Teresa cut him off, "Let me finish, before I decide to chicken out," she laughed. He gave her a comforting smile, so she confessed. 

"On the first day of school, I decided that I would ask you out. I had everything planned out, a baseball game, ice cream, the lake. But then Brenda told me she wanted to ask you out instead, and I didn't want ruin things so I gave her MY plan. I didn't want our friendship to be screwed up, so I just went with it. It killed me everyday, seeing you with her. I was jealous Tom...because I've wanted us to be something more than just friends since the day we met." Teresa took a deep breath, " I love you." 

Thomas felt his chest burn and his cheeks turn red. Teresa put a piece of hair behind her ear, a nervous habit of hers. 

Thomas leaned forward, "Took you long enough." Teresa's smile could've lightened up the whole world at that point. Thomas took her face in his gentle hands and kissed her like there was no tomorrow. 

Teresa smiled against his lips, and he did the same. After a passionate kiss, Teresa pulled back and stared at him, "That went well." They laughed and shared a few more kisses before falling asleep on the couch, completely forgetting about the pizza.

~~~~can someone please write a Kaya and Dylan fan fiction....I WILL PROMOTE IT!!