Best Friends

Brenda, Thomas, and Teresa have been friends since elementary school. They grew up together, laughing and crying on each others shoulders. They were always there for each other, especially Thomas and Teresa. They just had a special bond, that neither of them shared with Brenda. 

 They were now sophomores in high school. Thomas was on the football and baseball team, Teresa played volleyball, and Brenda was a cheerleader.

 Teresa was considered the "least popular" out of the three, even though she had won athlete of the year. People just didn't appreciate her as much, but she didn't mind. 

 Newt and Minho were also Teresa's friends. She would hang out with them whenever she wasn't with Brenda or Thomas. And they knew her secret. The one she wouldn't tell her best friends, because she thought it would tear them apart. 

Teresa was in love with Thomas. Always has been, always will be. 

Newt and Minho were always telling her to spill the truth to him and Brenda. She never had the guts. But this year was gonna be different. She had a whole evening planned out, all of Tom's favorite things. At the end of the night, she would tell him how she felt. Now all she had to do was wait. 

 Teresa drove to school, and picked up Newt on the way. He hadn't gotten his license yet, so she had offered to take him. 

"Today's the day Resa, you and Thomas are gonna be so cute!" Newt celebrated. "It hasn't happened yet, he might reject me or something," Teresa sighed. "If he rejects you, he doesn't deserve you, because what's not to love about Teresa Agnes!" Newt added. "Thanks Newt, all we have to do now is wait," she laughed. Teresa parked the car and they headed into school. "You ready Teresaaaa," screamed Minho, "MY SHIP WILL SAIL, AND NOTHING WILL STAND IN ITS WAY!" Minho and Newt high-fived, agreeing. 

Brenda walked up to Teresa. "Hey Minho, hey Newt, um Teresa, can I talk to you about something?" Teresa nodded her head, and shooed the guys away. "I need your help. To plan the perfect date," Brenda begged. "Whose the lucky guy," Teresa playfully punched her shoulder. "Thomas." Teresa heart nearly stopped. Out of all the guys, she had to choose him. "Oh, yea I always thought you two would be cute," Teresa lied, holding back tears. "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Teresa! So what's the plan," Brenda said. 

"Um, well you should take him to a Mets game, they play tonight at 8. Afterwards, take him out for ice-cream at GoodBerry's. Finally, go to the lake, where we met, during summer camp. Lay down a picnic blanket, look at the stars, and then into his eyes. Tell him that you love him, and then just hope he feels the same way." Teresa had basically just told Brenda HER whole plan. 

"It's almost like you had been planning that for weeks, " Brenda joked. Teresa gulped, "Good luck Brenda, you two deserve each other." Teresa gave a fake smile and ran to Newt and Minho. 

She hurried to them, and cried on their shoulders. "Whats wrong girl," Minho said worried. Newt picked her head up to look them in the eyes. "Teresa your scaring us." 

Teresa took a few steps back and leaned her head against the lockers. "All aboard the Trenda Train," she sobbed. 

Minho and Newt just stood their, not knowing what to do. 

{this book was inspired by : About the boy | Thomesa AU~~~ @NandhiniJanarthan}