Chapter 5 - Someday

Y/n starred at the trophy wall in the hallway, consumed by her thoughts.

She had really started to like Zed. But every time she so as looked at him, she felt like Bucky and his co-captains were breathing down her neck 24/7. She felt happy talking to Zed, or even just looking at him. For the few days she had known him she had really taken a liking to him. But every time she talked to him more, the more she risked exposing her sister's secret.

Her parents would be livid with her AND Addi, moreover, she would hate Y/n. Addison is very self conscious about her.. erm.. secret.

"Ah, the perfect picnic spot." A fake french accent makes her jump, pulling her out of her deep thoughts.

"Zed!" Y/n smiled. "You forgot this," he handed Y/n the carved apple his friend gave her earlier. "Bonzo made it for you. Also, I'm sorry about my friend Eliza. She's very.. judging about humans. It's just the way she is," he explained.

Y/n nodded. "I completely understand why. Most humans are assholes," Y/n laughed. He laughed, "Yeah. I also came to check on you. Are you alright?"

Y/n shrugged, "Kind of. Bucky, my cousin, keeps threatening to expose my sister's secret if I keep hanging around zombies. But honestly? The risk is exhilarating. I love it," Y/n grinned.

He smirked and took your hand, "Let's get out of here then and pray we don't get caught."
"I like the sound of that."

The two hear faint chatter and look in each other's eyes, then they both start to run up the steps. Y/n let him lead her to wherever. She didn't care where she went as long as she was with him.

She soon found herself entering the zombie safe room. She smiled, "This is where we first met!"

He chucked his backpack to the floor and smiled, "This is where we had our first punch." Y/n laughed, "You're funny."

The two spend the next hour or so in the room, just talking about their lives and other little details.
"Wouldn't it be great if we could hang out like this in public?" "Wouldn't that be something," Y/n grinned. "What do you have in mind?"

"Well, I was thinking about movies and long walks in the park.. hanging anywhere we want." "I like the way you're thinking. I can almost see it," Y/n replied, smiling. "Maybe someday this could be ordinary."

"You and me side by side out in the broad day light.." He grinned. "What if they laugh and judge us, though?" Y/n frowned.

"Well, we won't go public now, but we'll go public one day. Someday," he replied.

Y/n thought for a minute. Who cares what people think?

"Zed?" Y/n stood up as his eyes followed her and he hummed a reply. "Let them talk if they're gonna." Y/n grabbed his hands and he stood up as well. "We're gonna do what we want to." Y/n lead him outside the safe room, and shut the door, leaving the two of them in the empty hallway.

"So let them talk if they want to." Y/n smiled up at him. He beamed down at her and looked into her eyes.

Suddenly, the bell rang, and people start to pile out of class, one by one; crowding the hallway.

The moment is cut off sooner than either of them would've hoped for, but they continued to walk side by side, trying their absolute hardest to not hold hands and look like a couple.

"Someday, (Y/n)," Zed said, smiling. "I'll see you at the football game today."

"Oh, yeah! See you then! Good luck!" Y/n said. "Thanks!" He kissed her forehead and he ran off to practice, leaving her a blushing mess.

She sighed.
Someday.

.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.::.

BEFORE YOU ALL COME AT ME
1. Yes I know I skipped the scene of Addison and Zed talking about their freaky flaws
2. I know I changed the lyrics, I wanted to make their conversation an actual convo.
So yeah. Don't kill me 😂❤️
Also, on Wattpad we're almost at 500 reads and it hasn't been a week yet, and on Quotev we already passed 550 reads! This is insane! Thank you guys!! ❤️❤️ lets hope this gets as much love as Regardless cause I'm putting my everything into this book right now.