Chapter 10: The Deal

[Rainbow Dash]

I raced to where Twilight's house previously stood. Now, there was a large blocky castle in place of the tree library. I flew into a gap between iron bars in the gate, and I was somewhat surprised. Twilight's house was still mostly there. I slipped past a sleeping Spike, and into an open window. Nightmare Rarity was there, and with her back to me. She was writing something down on a piece of paper. I started to creep in the shadows, as silently as I possibly could.

"Ah, Rainbow Dash, so nice of you to arrive," Nightmare Rarity said. The window behind me closed, so I had no escape. Dang it.

"What do you want?" I asked. She turned to me.

"To make a deal," she said, a wide grin starting to take over her face.

"...I'm listening," I said. After all, I didn't really have an escape now. What kind of deal was she thinking about?

"I just need you to bring me the sorcerer. Seto, his name was? I need his help with something," she said. "I am fully aware that you are the element of loyalty."

"Yeah, right," I said. "You want to kill him or make him a slave or something. I think I know what you're up to."

"No, no, I just need his advice on something. Why can't you trust me?" she asked. "If you do me this small favour, I'll do something you've always been dreaming about."

"And what's that?" I asked.

"I'll change you into a griffon," she said.

"Really? You can do that?" I asked. I was psyched. If she did that...

"Of course. I'll do it right now, to prove I'm honest," she said. Before I could react, she shot a light blue beam at me, and I felt a change. My front hooves were now bird talons, and my wings were a whole lot bigger. My tail got longer, and my mane turned into feathers. My nose was now a beak.

"This is so awesome! So this is what it's like to be a griffon," I said, and then roared. I was so menacing now! I completely forgot about the world around me and started to fly around the room.

"Yes, I bet it is. Now, it's your turn to hold up your side of the deal," she said.

"Oh, yeah, right. I'll go right now, then!" I said. Nightmare Rarity opened the window.

"Great! Thank you so much," she said.

"No problem!" I said, and then took off. I felt so much faster now! I flew right past Spike, and through the gate's gap. I would be at Canterlot in almost no time at all. Being a griffon felt awesome! And Nightmare Rarity was still a bit too talkative. Maybe when I came back with Seto I could give her a lesson about how to say things in short. You know. So she doesn't waste anyone else's time.