Chapter 12: Ashley

[Jerome]

"Anyone have any diamonds?" I asked. I tried to keep my face straight, but I couldn't hide my smirk.

"Yeah, I picked up two, why?" Quentin inquired, holding up a pair of shiny blue diamonds.

"Give them to me, I have sticks," I eagerly said. Quentin handed the diamonds over, and I started digging in my pocket.

"But there's no crafting bench," Mitch said.

"I stole one from the arena," I said. I placed the crafting bench, and started crafting with my diamonds and sticks.

"That's not a sword..." Ant said.

"I know. Betty's back, baby!" I said triumphantly, holding up the new diamond axe.

"But I only gave you two..." Quentin said.

"I had a third one," I said. "They really planned on some devastation in that Hunger Games dome."

"But how are we going to use Betty if we have no way out?" Quentin asked. I had to pause to think for a little bit. I guess I overlooked that part.

"I'm already on it!" Ian said, and then started punching the stone wall.

"Dude, stop, you'll hurt yourself," I said. Ian turned back to me.

"Yeah, sure I will. And my name is Ashley," Ian said, continuing to beat up the wall. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"Okay, Ashley, you can stop now," Mitch said. I could tell he was trying not to burst out laughing.

"Who said my name is Ashley?" Ian asked. Shards of rock were starting to crack Ian's shades.

"You did," Mitch replied.

"And that was called being sarcastic, you dingbat," Ian said. He broke the wall. "Just in time, too! I think my arm would've flew off if this stone didn't break as soon as it did."

I didn't know what to make of that. We raced up the staircase, ready for whatever this 'Nightmare' had to offer.