Bucket Listing

"It'll be alright, Sophia. I'll be here every step of the way," I say as we sit in the driveway. Her loud sobs fill up the car and I try to comfort her but I don't know what to say. If I say I'm sorry, then she'll think I pity her. She hates when people give her pity. If I say I know how she feels I'd be lying. I've never been told I have a year left in my life. No ones ever given me a rough estimate to when I'd pass away.

"Harry I don't want to leave you," she says, sobbing louder if that's even possible.

Silent tears roll down my face and I get out of the car, slamming the door and sliding down the side of the car, choking on my own thoughts and sobs. This is difficult for both of us. We only have a year left of our relationship. Of her life. Of pretty much everything we've spent so much time working on. I decide to not take up my time with her sulking and crying, and I go to the passengers side.

When I open the door, Sophia hugs me and says, "Please don't ever leave me. Please. I need you."

I look her in the eyes. "I would never leave you," I kiss her forehead, "Now let's go get some italian ice or something."

She smiles and we get back in the car.

After a couple hours, we've completely forgotten about everything. Everything being her leukemia. As we're walking through the park, I look at my phone and see that it's about dinner time.

"Hey, wanna go out for dinner?" I ask.

She smiles and nods, and we find a sandwich place around the corner.

"I should start writing a bucket list," she says.

I nod. "We gotta get through everything," I say.

She giggles and we order our sandwiches.

"Okay the first thing on your list is already done. Fall in love," I say.

She blushes and smiles. "You are so cheesy I think I might throw up," she says.

I laugh and she crosses off "fall in love" on the bucket list I've compiled on our receipt.

Sophia's Bucket List

• Fall in love

• Travel Europe

• Get married

• Move into a huge beach house

"I think we should start with Europe," I say.

She smiles up at me and nods. "When?" she asks.

I shrug. "Tomorrow?" I say.

She smiles wider and nods excitedly. "Of course!"

--

I enter our room to see her packing her suitcase full of clothes, and I chuckle to myself.

"You might wanna think of packing a little lighter. They have shops in England, y'know," I say.

She laughs and takes out stuff I've never seen her wear in my life. I pack a weeks worth of clothes, even though we're going for way longer than a week.

"Ready?" I ask after we finally pack everything. She smiles and nods. "I think first we should visit my mum and Gemma," I say.

She nods and we go to the airport, each getting a ticket for Cheshire.

When we land I decide to call my mom.

"Hey, Mum!" I say.

"Hey, Harry! It's so nice to hear from you! What are you up to?" she says excitedly.